The New York Mets salvaged their series finale with the Los Angeles Dodgers last night as Jonathon Niese outdueled Zack Greinke in a 5-3 Mets victory. The Mets (21-25) will now set their sights on the Arizona Diamondbacks (18-31), who visit Citi Field this weekend to kick off a three game series. First pitch for tonight's game is scheduled for 7:10 pm.
The Mets will send right hander Bartolo Colon (3-5, 5.34 ERA) to the mound tonight. Colon was outstanding in his last start, allowing two runs over eight innings to pick up a win against the Washington Nationals. Arizona will counter with rookie right hander Chase Anderson (2-0, 5.06 ERA), who is making his third career start. Anderson gave up five runs over 5.1 innings his last time out, but picked up a win when the Diamondbacks beat the Dodgers 18-7 last Saturday.
New York Mets Lineup:
- CF Juan Lagares
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B David Wright
- RF Curtis Granderson
- LF Chris Young
- 1B Lucas Duda
- SS Wilmer Flores
- C Juan Centeno
- SP Bartolo Colon
- David Wright has 30 hits in May and is tied with Dodgers' outfielder Yasiel Puig for the most hits in the National League this month.
- The Mets swept the Diamondbacks in a three game set in Arizona back in April.
- The Mets have won five in a row against Arizona.
- Curtis Granderson is on fire, hitting .313 with five home runs and 14 RBI's since May 2nd.
- After a night off, Chris Young returns to the lineup. He will bat fifth and play left field.