The New York Mets (17-19) and New York Yankees (19-17) kick off the eighteenth installment of the Subway Series Monday night at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 PM. The matchup will be the 95th regular season game between the crosstown rivals, with the Yanks holding a 54-40 advantage in the series. The Mets however, are riding a four-game Subway Series winning streak. having swept the four-game series in 2013.
Mets Local Coverage
Mets Starting Lineup
- LF Eric Young Jr.
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B David Wright
- RF Curtis Granderson
- DH Bobby Abreu
- 1B Lucas Duda
- CF Chris Young
- C Travis d'Arnaud
- SS Ruben Tejada
Bartolo Colon (2-5, 5.36) will get the start for the Mets, his seventeenth career start against the Yankees. A former Bomber himself in 2011, Colon is 5-7 with a 5.77 ERA lifetime against the Yanks.
Hiroki Kuroda (2-3, 4.43) will take the mound for the Yankees, in his tenth career Subway Series start. Lifetime, Kuroda is 2-5 with a 4.14 ERA against the Amazins.
- Including Colon, the Mets have four former Yankees on their squad, as Kyle Farnsworth (2008), Curtis Granderson (2010-13) and Bobby Abreu (2006-08) have also worn pinstripes in their long MLB careers.
- Derek Jeter will start and bat second as he begins the final Subway Series of his career. In 84 games against the Mets, Jeter is batting .368 with 13 homers and 43 RBO.
- The Mets announced Monday that top prospect Rafael Montero will be promoted and will start Wednesday's game, as Jenrry Mejia will be demoted to the bullpen. Mets 101 will have the complete story coming up on Tuesday.
- Mets 101 Game Preview: St. Louis Cardinals at New York Mets
- Mets 101 Game Preview: Miami Marlins at New York Mets
- Mets 101 Game Preview: New York Mets at Los Angeles Angels
- Mets 101 Game Preview: Atlanta Braves at New York Mets
- Mets 101 Game Preview: New York Mets at Miami Marlins
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1axz