The New York Mets (16-18) continue their series with the Philadelphia Phillies (16-18) Saturday night at Citi Field. First pitch is scheduled for 7:10 PM. After a disastrous 1-6 road trip, the Mets hoped to right the ship back on home turf, but fell in eleven innings to their NL East rival, with former Met Marlon Byrd delivering the deathblow. On Saturday night, the Mets will try once again for their second win in the month of May and to break the tie for fourth place in the division.
New York Mets Lineup:
- CF Juan Lagares
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B David Wright
- RF Curtis Granderson
- LF Chris Young
- 1B Lucas Duda
- SS Wilmer Flores
- C Travis d'Arnaud
- SP Dillon Gee
The Mets send their most reliable starter of late to the mound, as Dillon Gee (3-1, 2.51) will look to make it four wins in his last five starts. He'll face the Phillies' Kyle Kendrick (0-3, 3.58) who is facing the Mets for the first time this season. Lifetime, Kendrick is 8-8 with a 3.43 ERA in 22 games (16 starts) against the Mets.
- Tonight's forecast is calling for heavy rain and wind, so there is a very good chance the game will be delayed, if not postponed. No potential make-up date is available yet.
- After signing a two-year, $16 M deal with Philadelphia in the offseason, Marlon Byrd is hitting .315 with 4 homers and 23 RBI through 34 games this season.
- Lucas Duda is back in the lineup after dealing with food poisoning Friday night.
- Manager Terry Collins told reporters before the game that the Mets aren't guaranteeing Jenrry Mejia will start against the Yankees on Wednesday. More from us on that development tomorrow.
- Mets 101 Game Preview: Philadelphia Phillies at New York Mets
- Mets 101 Game Preview: New York Mets at Philadelphia Phillies
- Mets 101 Game Preview: St. Louis Cardinals at New York Mets
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1avy