The New York Mets couldn't get back to Citi Field fast enough after their last road trip. The Mets (16-17) lost six of their final seven games on the trip, including a brutal sweep at the hands of the Miami Marlins. The Mets now are back at Citi Field and will kick off a three game set against the reeling Philadelphia Phillies. The Phillies (15-18) have lost six of their last ten games and are in last place in the National League East.
The Mets will send righty Jenrry Mejia (3-0, 5.23 ERA) to the mound tonight. Mejia took a no decision in his last start after imploding in the fifth inning in Colorado, yielding eight runs in the frame after being handed an 8-0 lead. The Mets would go on to lose that game, and the Mets are hoping for some more consistency from Mejia this time out.
The Phillies will counter with their fifth starter, Roberto Hernandez (2-1, 4.50 ERA). Hernandez had his best start of the season his last time out, picking up a win and throwing 7.1 shutout innings against the Washington Nationals. First pitch for tonight's game at Citi Field is scheduled for 7:10 pm.
New York Mets Lineup:
- CF Juan Lagares
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B David Wright
- RF Curtis Granderson
- LF Chris Young
- 1B Josh Satin
- SS Wilmer Flores
- C Travis d'Arnaud
- SP Jenrry Mejia
- Lucas Duda is out of the lineup tonight with a stomach bug. Josh Satin gets his first start of the year against a right handed pitcher and will hit sixth.
- The Wilmer Flores era at shortstop begins tonight. Flores hits seventh in the Mets' lineup.
- The Mets announced before today's game that they would like to cap Jenrry Mejia around 125 innings for the season. Mejia has never pitched more than 108 innings in a professional season in his career.
- The Mets won their only matchup of the season with the Phillies on April 29th behind a strong start from Jonathon Niese.
- Hernandez used to be known as Fausto Carmona, but that was later revealed to be a fake name.
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1aup