After getting hammered 7-4 last night, the New York Mets (15-12) will look to get back in the win column tonight. The Mets will resume their four game series with the Colorado Rockies (17-13) at 8:40 pm at Coors Field. The Mets will look to wake up their slumbering offense over the remainder of this series at Coors, which is one of the friendliest environments for hitters in baseball.
The Mets will send Zack Wheeler (1-2, 3.99 ERA) to the mound to try and cool off a red hot Rockies' offense. Wheeler took a no decision in his last start against the Miami Marlins, striking out 10 over six innings. The Rockies will counter with lefty Jorge De La Rosa (2-3, 5.23 ERA), a talented pitcher who has struggled in the early going. De La Rosa appears to be righting his season, however, having allowed only two runs over his last 12 innings pitched.
New York Mets Lineup:
- CF Juan Lagares
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B David Wright
- LF Chris Young
- RF Curtis Granderson
- 1B Josh Satin
- C Travis d'Arnaud
- SS Ruben Tejada
- SP Zack Wheeler
- The Mets will start Josh Satin against the lefty De La Rosa and will bat him fifth. Manager Terry Collins indicated Satin's slow start (.158) is likely due to infrequent playing time.
- Rockies' outfielder Carlos Gonzalez is out tonight with a bruised finger on his left hand. Gonzalez hopes to return to the lineup tomorrow.
- Two days into the outfield rotation and Eric Young Jr hasn't gotten a start. The Mets will go with the same group they did yesterday: Chris Young in left, Juan Lagares in center, and Curtis Granderson in right.
- Mets 101 Game Preview: New York Mets at Colorado Rockies
- Rockies Light up Colon, Defeat Mets 7-4
- Mets 101 Game Preview: New York Mets at Los Angeles Angels
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1an6