After their victory last night, the Cincinnati Reds are going to the playoffs. The Reds' victory over the New York Mets, combined with St. Louis' victory over the Washington Nationals, allowed the Reds to clinch at least a wild card spot. The Reds are still in a position to win the National League Central with a little help, as they trail the Cardinals by two games in the division. The Mets can try and dampen their spirits and help force them into the play-in game with a win tonight as the two teams renew their three game set tonight at 7:10 pm at Great American Ballpark. Jon Niese (7-8, 3.81 ERA) will look to even up his record for the Mets, while Mike Leake (14-6, 3.21 ERA) looks to try and keep the Reds in the division chase.
New York Mets Lineup:
- LF Eric Young Jr
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B David Wright
- 1B Lucas Duda
- CF Juan Lagares
- RF Mike Baxter
- C Travis d'Arnaud
- SS Wilfredo Tovar
- SP Jon Niese
- Jon Niese has an ERA of 3.06 since returning from the disabled list. (Credit to MetsBlog.com for that stat)
- The Mets announced yesterday that Matt Harvey may attempt to pitch in the Arizona Fall League to test his elbow. Harvey is trying to rehab his partially torn UCL in an attempt to avoid Tommy John surgery.
- The Cardinals' magic number to clinch the National League Central is four.
- Wilfredo Tovar is back in the lineup today after delivering the game winning hit on Sunday. He will play shortstop and bat eighth.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Mets 101 Game Preview: New York Mets at Cincinnati Reds
- Cincinnati Reds Walk Off with Victory Against New York Mets
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/11bn