The New York Mets will look to break out the brooms in a nationally televised game against the Washington Nationals tonight. After winning by a score of 3-2 Friday night, the Mets racked up 17 hits last night en route to an 11-3 victory over the Nats. The Mets will turn to lefty Jon Niese (6-6, 3.69 ERA) as they try to extend their winning streak to four games tonight. The Nationals will counter with left hander Ross Ohlendorf (3-0, 2.49 ERA) and will look for length from him after having to burn through their bullpen last night. First pitch for tonight's game is scheduled for 8:10 pm at Nationals Park with national television coverage on ESPN2. Here is tonight's Mets' lineup:
- LF Eric Young Jr
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 3B Josh Satin
- 1B Lucas Duda
- C Travis d'Arnaud
- RF Juan Lagares
- CF Matt den Dekker
- SS Omar Quintanilla
- SP Jon Niese
- With the injury to Ike Davis last night, Lucas Duda becomes the every day first baseman for the foreseeable future. Duda will bat cleanup tonight and play first base.
- Speaking of Ike Davis, he is expected to miss the remainder of the season with an oblique injury according to manager Terry Collins. The Mets likely won't place Davis on the disabled list considering the rosters expanded today.
- The Mets demoted left hander Robert Carson back to Las Vegas today.
- The Mets made a few additions to the roster now that the active rosters expanded from 25 to 40. The Mets promoted Zach Lutz and Tim Byrdak from Las Vegas, and also added reliever Vic Black to the roster. Black was acquired as the player to be named later in the Marlon Byrd trade.
- Wilmer Flores gets a day off today. Flores, who has looked tired, will be replaced by Josh Satin and should be back in the lineup tomorrow.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrityoffers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!Tags: Baseball, Ike Davis, Jon Niese, Josh Satin, Lucas Duda, MLB, New York, New York Mets, Ross Ohlendorf, Tim Byrdak, Vic Black, Washington Nationals, Wilmer Flores, Zach Lutz
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/101m