The New York Mets (49-58) defeated the Kansas City Royals (54-52) Friday night by a score of 4-2 in 11 innings. Eric Young Jr. homered for the Mets in the bottom of the eleventh with two outs and Omar Quintanilla on first, taking Luis Mendoza (L, 2-6) deep to right field to win the ballgame. Carlos Torres (W, 2-2) picked up the win in relief tossing two scoreless innings.
- Royals starter Wade Davis lasted only five innings, allowing two runs on eight hits with five strikeouts.
- Dillon Gee performed exceptionally well, allowing just one run on three hits over seven innings while walking two and striking out four.
- David Wright left the game in the tenth inning with a strained hamstring suffered while beating out a groundball for an infield single. The Met captain will have a MRI Saturday and is not expected to play in the teams' 1:10 PM game.
- David Aardsma (BS, 2) blew the save, giving up a leadoff double to Miguel Tejada who later scored on a sacrifice fly from Lorenzo Cain.
- Pedro Feliciano appeared in his first game for the Mets since September 29, 2010, recording the last out of the ninth.
Player of the Game
- David Wright gets the nod for PotG with his 2-for-5 effort on the night, getting the Mets off to an early 2-0 lead with his first inning home run that also plated Juan Lagares. Wright later added the infield single that ultimately ended his night prematurely but that hustle, along with providing the only Met offense for the first ten innings.
What's on Deck
- The Mets return to action Saturday afternoon at Citi Field against the Royals, first pitch is scheduled for 1:10 PM on SNY.
Gearing up for the fantasy season? Try weekly fantasy football games this year at DraftDay.com. DraftDay has awarded over $15 million to fantasy fans like you, so don't miss out on the newest way to play fantasy football! Create your free account and use promo code GIFT for an instant cash bonus.
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/yek