The New York Mets (48-58) return home Friday night to kick off a three-game interleague series with the Kansas City Royals (54-51) AT Citi Field. First pitch is scheduled for 7:10 PM. The Mets are 8-2 on the year in interleague play and have outscored AL opponents 47-25 over that ten game span.
Mets Starting Lineup
- LF Eric Young Jr
- CF Juan Lagares
- 3B David Wright
- RF Marlon Byrd
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- C John Buck
- 1B Ike Davis
- SS Omar Quintanilla
- SP Dillon Gee
Dillon Gee (7-8, 4.13) gets the start for the Mets in search of his first win since the All-Star Break. Gee has gone seven innings in each of his last two starts but has received just two runs of support in those outings.
Wade Davis (5-9, 5.50) starts for the Royals, coming off a 7.1 inning, four hit shutout start against Chicago (AL). Davis has faced the Mets once in his career, tossing one scoreless inning of relief on June 13 of last season while with Tampa Bay.
- The Mets and Royals have not met since 2004, when the Royals took two of three from the Mets in Kansas City.
- The last time the two teams met in New York was back in 2002, when the Mets took two of three from Kansas City at Shea.
- Josh Edgin was placed on the disabled list prior to the game with a stress fracture in his ribs. Edgin is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
- The Mets recalled Pedro Feliciano from the minors to replace Edgin. Feliciano has not pitched in the major leagues since leaving the Mets in 2011.
- Terry Collins shuffled his lineup tonight. Juan Lagares gets a big boost to the second spot in the lineup, while the red hot Daniel Murphy gets dropped into the heart of the lineup batting fifth. The loser in all the shuffling is the struggling Ike Davis, who will drop to seventh in the batting order.
Gearing up for the fantasy season? Try weekly fantasy football games this year at DraftDay.com. DraftDay has awarded over $15 million to fantasy fans like you, so don't miss out on the newest way to play fantasy football! Create your free account and use promo code GIFT for an instant cash bonus.Tags: Baseball, Citi Field, Dillon Gee, Juan Lagares, Kansas City Royals, MLB, New York, New York Mets, Wade Davis
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ydo