Due to a widespread power outage in Western New York Friday night, we have an abbreviated recap of Game 92. Mets 101 apologizes for the inconvenience.
- Jeremy Hefner (L, 4-7) started for the Mets and lasted just two-plus innings, allowing eight runs (all earned) on ten hits.
- Kyle Kendrick (W, 9-6) wasn't very good either, but got the run support he needed on this night, allowing six runs (all earned) on nine hits over 5.2 innings. He also struck out seven.
- The Mets were awful in the field, committing three scored errors (Two by Omar Quintanilla and one by Marlon Byrd), plus three other miscues by Kirk Nieuwenhuis that added fuel to the fire with Hefner struggling in the early innings.
- The Mets got five of their eight runs on homers from Byrd (16) and David Wright (14).
- Michael Young and Chase Utley led the way for the Phillies, with a homer, three RBI and two runs scored a piece. Domonic Brown also homered for his 24th of the season.
The Mets and Phillies return to action Saturday afternoon at Citi Field, first pitch is scheduled for 1:10 on WPIX.
Tags: Baseball, Chase Utley, Citi Field, Domonic Brown, Jeremy Hefner, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Kyle Kendrick, Marlon Byrd, Michael Young, MLB, New York, New York Mets, Omar Quintanilla, Philadelphia Phillies