The New York Mets are struggling to say the least. After a pretty good start, the team has scuffled along to lose four in a row. Last night's loss was particularly painful as the bullpen collapsed in the eighth inning, yielding a 4-2 lead in an eventual 5-4 loss to Arizona Diamondbacks.They will look to snap that streak today at 4:05 pm against the D'backs. Here is today's Mets' starting lineup:
- CF Andres Torres
- SS Ruben Tejada
- 3B David Wright
- LF Scott Hairston
- 2B Daniel Murphy
- 1B Justin Turner
- RF Kirk Nieuwenhuis
- C Mike Nickeas
- SP Johan Santana
- Kirk Nieuwenhuis is back in the lineup and will play right for the first time. Lucas Duda will receive the day off against the left handed Corbin.
- Josh Thole and Ike Davis will also receive the day off because of the lefty. Mike Nickeas and Justin Turner will get starts in their places.
- Johan Santana is 2-0 with a 0.62 ERA in his career against Arizona.
- Corbin will be the 13th left handed starter the Mets have faced in their first 27 games this season, which is very unusual for this early in the year.
- The hot hitting Scott Hairston will get another start in left for the Mets today. Hairston has gone 14 for 27 over the last week (a .518 clip) with a home run and eight RBI's in his last seven games.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
No related posts.