After two bad losses (with the Boston massacre an abomination), simply put, the Knicks needed this win in a dire kind of way. The game was no thing of beauty, but the Knicks did clamp down on defense in this affair and gutted out a win while withstanding the Bulls second-half rally. With the hamstring injury to Raymond Felton jarring and Tyson Chandler still out, the Knicks have to stay afloat these next couple of weeks or they’ll sink further into oblivion.
Pablo Prigioni is in for Raymond Felton at the PG spot. Woodson says no timetable on Felton, “but I don’t think it’s day-to-day.”— Alan Hahn (@alanhahn) December 11, 2013
Let’s breakdown 4 key takeaways:
- Carmelo Anthony perhaps played his best overall game of the season against the Bulls. Anthony never forced the issue and played a solid all-around game. He had a team-high 30 points (9-21 from the field) and 10 rebounds to go with four assists and three steals. With the injuries the Knicks are dealing with, Anthony has to step up and he did on this night playing well on both ends of the floor and willing the team to victory.
- Where did Iman Shumpert go? Shumpert was practically invisible on Wednesday night, scoring zero points (0-2 from the field) to go with just three rebounds and two assists with one turnover in 13 minutes. No bueno
- Amar'e Stoudemire continues to get stronger and looking all the more impressive. This was the first time this season that Stoudemire has played in back-to-back games and he had another fine outing, scoring 14 points (7-11 from the field) and grabbing nine rebounds. His development of late has been real encouraging.
- After a two-game absence, Kenyon Martin played a solid game upon his return. Although he scored only three points, Martin gave the Knicks solid defense and wound up with seven rebounds to go with four blocks. His toughness shall never be questioned.
Follow me on Twitter @Stacdemon
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- New York Knicks-Chicago Bulls: What We Learned
- Chicago Bulls Monitoring Former New York Knicks’ Big Man Kurt Thomas
- New York Knicks Get Mauled by San Antonio Spurs, 120-89; Six Key Takeaways
- A Look Inside the Box Score: New York Knicks-Washington Wizards (preseason Game Four)
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15bg