With training camp set to start on Monday (September 30) for the New York Knicks, a few newcomers to the Knicks have something to prove as we get closer to the start of the season.
While all of the following players listed below have varying degrees of relevance to this year’s squad, how they do in camp and during the exhibition schedule should go a long way in establishing how they might be featured in the 2013-14 season.
That said; let’s look at three players who have something to prove this camp.
- Tim Hardaway Jr.: The Knicks’ first-round pick has a great pedigree, being that he is Tim’s son—you know that same player that tormented the Knicks in the late-90’s/early 2000’s. Hardaway in a lot of ways resembles J.R. Smith, in that he can score in an instant, and from anywhere on the court. He has a great outside shot and he can take it to the hop effectively as well. The funny thing is, Hardaway might have to step up in Smith’s absence, as the latter is still recovering from knee surgery. It would be great if Hardaway clicks right off the bat and gives the Knicks solid contributions off the bench.
- C.J. Leslie: After not being selected in April’s NBA Draft, the Knicks scooped up Leslie immediately. Leslie has great length and athleticism and while he needs to bulk up, he has skills that you don’t see in many 6’9” forwards. While he is probably destined to be a marginal contributor off the bench this season, Leslie has loads of upside. We should be able to see that upside in the exhibition part of the schedule.
- Beno Udrih: Udrih took less money to come to the Knicks and the versatile point guard brings winning tangibles to the table. Adept at setting up his teammates as well as knocking down the long-range jumper, Udrih will have an important role on this team despite being behind Raymond Felton and Pablo Prigioni on the depth chart. Mike Woodson will likely use a lot of two point guard sets and Udrih will certainly get a lot of run this season. How he adapts with his new teammates in camp will be something to watch.
Follow me on Twitter @Stacdemon
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- New York Knicks’ Addition of C.J. Leslie Could Prove to Be “Steal”
- New York Knicks Invite Toure Murry to Training Camp
- New York Knicks’ Summer League Standout Toure Murry Accepts Training Camp Invite
- New York Knicks Looking to Fill Out 20-player Training Camp Maximum
- New York Knicks’ Mike Woodson Must Prove Worth During 2013-14 Season
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/11o4