Everyone loves a good underdog story, which is why New York Jets wide receiver Greg Salas is so easy to cheer for. He may not be the fastest, have the best hands, or be the most talented receiver on the field, but he has proven this preseason that he is worthy of a roster spot and can really contribute to the team.
At the beginning of training camp, many would have probably written off Greg Salas and not given him a shot to make the team, especially with the signings they made in free agency and the receivers they selected in the draft. Despite that, Salas has been one of the most impressive players on the team since camp started, and it has translated onto the field. So far in the 2014 preseason, he has caught four passes for 53 yards and scored a touchdown on a pass from Matt Simms. At a time when the wide receiver position has been such a huge question mark, Salas has delivered whenever he has had the opportunity.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Football, Geno Smith, Greg Salas, Marty Mornhinweg, Matt Simms, New York, New York Jets, NFL, Oakland Raiders
- Wide Receivers to Watch in the New York Jets First Preseason Game
- The New York Jets and Eric Decker
- Defense Reigns Supreme, Rough Day for Quarterbacks at New York Jets’ Green and White Scrimmage
- The Time is Now for New York Jets Wide Receiver Stephen Hill
- New York Jets Versus New York Giants: Preseason Week Three Wrap-Up
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ey5