On Tuesday, the entire NFL must get their rosters down to the required 75 players before the 4 p.m. deadline. On Saturday night, the Jets got a head start on making the necessary moves for the 2014 season.
General manager John Idzik and head coach Rex Ryan released the following players from the team:
- Bruce Campbell, OT
- Steele Divitto, LB
- Patrick Ford, OL
- Andrew Furney, K
- Jacob Schum, P
- Michael Smith, RB
- Markus Zusevics, OL
The Jets are still at 81 players, so they must release six more players before the 4p.m. deadline to get to 75. After the Jets play their final preseason game on Thursday night against the Philadelphia Eagles, the Jets must then get the final roster down to 53 players before next Saturday's deadline at 6 p.m.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- New York Jets WR Shaq Evans Placed on Season-Ending IR Following Shoulder Surgery on Tuesday
- New York Jets’ Jalen Saunders in Car Accident; Won’t Play on Saturday Vs. Cincinnati Bengals
- New York Jets: Nine Players from 2014 NFL Draft Signed
- New York Jets Sign Pass Rusher Jason Babin; Two Players Start Camp on PUP List
- New York Jets Release First 2014 Team Depth Chart
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1evc