On Friday, New York Jets rookie wide receiver Jalen Saunders was in a single-car accident as he was headed to the team's practice in the morning near the team's practice facility in Florham Park.
The Jets announced that because of precautions, Saunders will now be held out of their pre-season game on Saturday night against the Cincinnat Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati.
“Saunders was taken to a hospital and is being monitored there as a precaution,” the Jets announced. “He will not travel to Cincinnati with the team and is out for Saturday night’s game against the Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium.”
Saunders was a fourth round pick for the Jets back in the 2014 NFL Draft out of Oklahoma and was a strong candidate to return kickoffs for the team in the regular season.
No official word yet on how serious the injuries suffered to Saunders were, if any, or if they are just keeping him in the hospital simply as a precaution.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Antonio Allen to Start at Cornerback for New York Jets in Preseason Game Vs. Cincinnati Bengals
- New York Jets’ Sheldon Richardson on Playing Cincinnati Bengals: We Owe Them One
- New York Jets’ Dee Milliner Has High Ankle Sprain; Expected to Miss a Few Weeks
- New York Jets Head Coach Rex Ryan: This Will Be an Outstanding Defense in 2014
- Wide Receivers to Watch in the New York Jets First Preseason Game
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ekk