At this point, there has been no speculation on whether this injury was deemed serious, or just something minor. If the ankle injury turns out to be serious, this would be a major blow to Milliner and the Jets secondary.
Just last week, Milliner had stated he was the best cornerback in the league, while also hearing from others that he might not even be the best cornerback in Jets camp this offseason. In any event, Milliner was slated to take over as the first cornerback on the Jets depth chart heading into the season.
Earlier in practice, rookie CB Dexter McDougle also left the field with what appeared to be a serious injury. He was seen heading back to the locker room with medical personnel.
With injuries now to cornerbacks Dee Milliner and Dexter McDougle, and with Dimitri Patterson being held out of pracitce, the New York Jets will turn to CB Darrin Walls to run with the first team defense for the time being.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- New York Jets Five Biggest Questions Heading into 2014
- New York Jets Release First 2014 Team Depth Chart
- New York Jets Release Mike Goodson; All 2014 Draftees Now Signed
- New York Jets: Nine Players from 2014 NFL Draft Signed
- New York Jets: What We Learned from Preseason Matchup Against Indianapolis Colts
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1edr