New York Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie is keeping the faith, letting everyone know on NFL Network's "NFL AM" this morning that the Jets are going to make the playoffs. Some will scoff at that notion, but the Jets came into the season knowing that the first half of their schedule was pretty brutal, and that the second half was a lot softer. The Jets are going to have to go on a run to make Antonio Cromartie's words ring true, but in today's NFL it's certainly possible.
Antonio Cromartie has stepped into a leadership role for the New York Jets, the most talented player on their defense and perhaps their best performer this season on either side of the ball. Antonio Cromartie has been more vocal, in some ways more positive in his public comments, and is trying to remain confident going into the second half of the season.
"The Jets will make the playoffs this year. We believe in each other. We believe in what coach [Rex] Ryan and his staff are putting us to schemes and stuff, so we definitely are going to make the playoffs this year."
You can count on people laughing at that statement. Is it really so far-fetched? The Jets sit at 3-5, one game below .500, after a first half schedule filled with strong teams. The Jets have played one team below .500 so far this season: the 3-5 Buffalo Bills. Over their final eight regular season games, the Jets will face five teams below the .500 mark (St. Louis Rams, Arizona Cardinals, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans and Buffalo Bills).
Even if it was a ridiculous thought, what was Antonio Cromartie supposed to say? He's stepping up and being positive about his outlook for the second half of the season. Now we have to wait and see if the Jets can make his words ring true.
- Help with the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
- Check out the latest episode of The Jets Zone!
- Be sure to follow Jets 101 on Twitter and like Jets 101 on Facebook. Plus, check out Jets 101 on Google+
- Text "oneteam" to 20222 to donate $10 to the One Team for the Lights charity initiative.
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/mji