Cutdown day is a brutal day across the NFL, and there will be two of them this week. The first, which requires teams to trim their roster from 90 players to 75 players, will conclude at the end of business on Tuesday. And for the New York Giants, that means they will need to officially release, waive or otherwise designate a total of 15 players.
Because information on departing players comes in drips and drabs, we here at Giants 101 offer you the following "scorecard" (of sorts) to better help you keep track of all of Big Blue's moves throughout the day. But please keep in mind that some players listed as waived/released may actually have been given a different designation — at least that has happened in the past. So until the team makes it official, don't be too quick to say goodbye to a player you were rooting for.
- Kicker Brandon McManus
- Tight end Jerome Cunningham
- Cornerback Charles James II
- Linebacker Spencer Adkins
- Tight end Xavier Grimble
- Cornerback Ross Weaver
- Safety Kyle Sebetic
- Wide receiver Travis Harvey
- Guard John Sullen
- Cornerback C.J. Barnett
- Defensive tackle Everett Dawkins
- Defensive lineman Emmanuel Dieke
- Linebacker Justin Anderson
- Safety Cooper Taylor
- Wide receiver Marcus Harris
"Wanna thank the New York Giants for giving me the opportunity to start my career in the National Football League. Things happen in life for a reason [and] I can leave this place with a smile because I know I gave it everything I had everyday. Shocked? Hell yes! But I guess that's how the business goes. Gonna miss my guys DRC, Vic Cruz, Prince and a lot more we had some good times but the one person I'll miss the most is my big brother Antrel — you showed me a lot taught me a lot and I looked up to you thanks for everything. I'd be lying if I say this didn't motivate me haha looks like the Charles James underdog story continues! GOD is good man!"
"I want to thank the New York Giants organization for this tremendous opportunity to live my dream of playing in the NFL and being apart of a first class organization. I've been through disappointment before and all it does is make me stronger! Things happen that are outta of our control and that's life! It's easy to believe in God when things are perfect but what you gonna do when things don't go your way? I'll be back!"
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Brandon McManus, Charles James, Football, Jerome Cunningham, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Spencer Adkins, Xavier Grimble
- New York Giants Face Several Tough Decisions as First Cutdown Day Looms
- Josh Brown Has Won Giants Kicking Competition, Brandon McManus to Be Waived: Report
- New York Giants Wednesday Morning Storylines: Many Jobs up for Grabs as Training Camp Nears
- New York Giants Sunday Morning Storylines: Expect a Kicker Competition in Training Camp?
- New York Giants Sign DE Israel Idonije & TE Jerome Cunningham; Waive DE Kendrick Adams