Thus far, Odell Beckham Jr. is 0-for-4 when it comes to actually taking the field and playing for the New York Giants in any of their preseason games this summer.
Now, it looks like it'll be 0-for-5, as the Giants have said that they will not play their first round draft pick when the Giants play the New England Patriots on Thursday night in their preseason finale at MetLife Stadium.
In case you were wondering, Odell Beckham Jr. will not play Thursday vs. Patriots.— Paul Schwartz (@NYPost_Schwartz) August 25, 2014
Beckham was dealing with hamstring issues the week of the Giants game against the New York Jets; a game many thought would be his debut for the team, but after he left practice last week with the issue, the team didn't want to risk it and make an injury that held him out for almost three weeks any worse.
With Beckham out, it has allowed the likes of Corey Washington to step up and produce for the team; scoring four touchdowns in the four preseason games and may have won himself a spot on the 53-man roster.
With Beckham now out for Thursday against the Patriots, the real question now becomes; will Beckham be ready to go for Week 1 on September 8th against the Detroit Lions; the Giants opening game of the 2014 regular season on Monday Night Football. While you have to hope the team is just taking all the proper precautions necessary with Beckham, his lack of presence on the field and in games this summer doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence on Beckham getting onto the field, but there's still a lot of time before Thursday night's game and Week 1, so by the time September 8th rolls around, Beckham might be just fine and ready to roll against the Lions.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Corey Washington, Football, New England, New England Patriots, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Odell Beckham Jr.
- Odell Beckham Jr. Won’t Play for New York Giants on Saturday Vs. Indianapolis Colts
- Odell Beckham Jr. Cleared to Return to Giants Practice on Monday; Will Take Part in Individuals
- New York Giants’ Tom Coughlin Says Odell Beckham Jr. is Fine After Hamstring Injury Scare
- New York Giants’ Odell Beckham Jr. Says His Return is “Around the Corner” but Can’t Reach Top Speed Yet
- New York Giants’ Odell Beckham Jr. to Miss at Least Another Week with Hamstring Injury