Things can always get rather snippy when it comes to practice and training camp in the summer for NFL players. It's hot out, tempers are high, people are tired, they are away from their families and homes and like any team that views themselves as a family or brotherhood, eventually, people get tired of seeing one another every day and eventually fight.
During the end of Monday's practice, that appeared to be the case with Damontre Moore, as he was seen visibly upset and complaining about something an offensive player did and didn't let up with his opinion for several minutes, which lead to Giants head coach Tom Coughlin kicking Moore off the practice field.
When asked about why he decided to remove Moore from practice, Coughlin explained it as a bit of emotions getting the best of people during a very warm day of practice, but there was nothing more to read into it.
Coughlin on what happened with Damontre Moore: "A little tired, a little irritated ... not much to it."— Ralph Vacchiano (@RVacchianoNYDN) August 25, 2014
In the summer time, most players are over the notion of training camp and the preseason and want actual football season to begin, but just like any football team; whether it's high school, college or the pros, teams still have to practice in the summer because, well, that's their job.
Overall, it's nothing more than summer practice frustrations coming out of a young player who may need to learn how to control those said emotions before he gets kicked out of another practice and sets an expectation to the team and to Coughlin; one he doesn't want heading into his second year with the team.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Damontre Moore, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Tom Coughlin
- New York Giants’ Damontre Moore Ready to Take That Next Step: “I’m Hungrier than Ever”
- New York Giants’ Damontre Moore Eager for Competition; Ready to Do Whatever Teams Needs
- Michael Strahan Trying to Mentor Giants’ Damontre Moore, Mold Him into Player Similar to His Style
- New York Giants Sunday Morning Storylines: Damontre Moore a True Leader in the Making
- New York Giants LB Jon Beason Suffers Foot Injury During Practice, Carted Off the Field