The rivalry and public shots through the media continued this week, as New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan decided to take a shot at rookie running back Andre Williams, who earlier in the week had said that the Giants were the real team of New York, especially since they have won two Super Bowls in the last eight years and in their last Super Bowl run, knocked off the Jets on Christmas Eve of 2011 to propel their Super Bowl XLVI run.
Ryan decided to take a rather unnecessary cheap shot at Williams when asked about his comments made on who was the real team of New York was.
The comment Ryan was referring to was when Clemson defeated Boston College 24-14 back in October of this past college season; Williams was part of the Boston College team who rushed for 70 yards on 24 carries in that game.
Williams though, was the leading rusher in the nation this past year with 2,177 yards and 18 touchdowns for Boston College and many consider the Giants selection of Williams to be one of the steals in the draft and Ryan's defense may find out first hand on Friday night why Williams has a lot of people talking about him this summer and heading into the regular season.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Andre Williams, Football, New York, New York Giants, New York Jets, NFL, Rex Ryan
- New York Giants Excited About Andre Williams, but Working to Make Him More Well-Rounded
- Ex-Cowboys Executive Gil Brandt: Andre Williams Can Have Major Impact for New York Giants in 2014