Despite New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin stating that Odell Beckham Jr. was fine after leaving practice on Monday with what looked like to be a tweak of his hamstring, the team is not taking any chances in re-aggravating the injury.
Coughlin announced after Tuesday's practice that while Beckham did not suffer any setbacks with the hamstring, he is being ruled out for their next preseason game on Saturday night against the New York Jets with what is being called hamstring soreness.
TC says no setback for Beckham, but he will NOT play Friday vs. Jets.— Tom Rock (@TomRock_Newsday) August 19, 2014
Beckham did not practice on Tuesday and spent most of the time either on a stationary bike, with the training staff, or just on the sidelines watching without his pads on. Beckham was initially out for almost three weeks after originally injuring the hamstring early on in training camp and missed the team's first three games of the preseason against the Buffalo Bills, Pittsburgh Steelers and Indianapolis Colts. Now, he'll miss a fourth one against the Jets.
Beckham is the team's first round pick from the 2014 NFL Draft and was supposed to be the replacement for the departed Hakeem Nicks as far as being a potential play-making receiver, but thus far, the Giants haven't been able to unveil their latest weapon in the offense; an offense that has had its struggles and looked bad in their last game against the Colts.
It's not clear if Beckham will be able to go for the Giants in their preseason finale against the New England Patriots, which will be a home game at MetLife Stadium just six days after the Giants and Jets battle in the annual preseason "MetLife Bowl."
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Football, New York, New York Giants, New York Jets, NFL, Odell Beckham, Tom Coughlin
- New York Giants’ Tom Coughlin Says Odell Beckham Jr. is Fine After Hamstring Injury Scare
- New York Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr. Tweaks Hamstring; May Miss Some Time
- New York Giants’ Odell Beckham Jr. to Miss at Least Another Week with Hamstring Injury
- New York Giants’ Odell Beckham Jr. Continues to Miss Practice with Hamstring Injury
- New York Giants not Rushing Odell Beckham Jr. Back Following Hamstring Issue