August 17th, 2014 at 11:00 AM

It may have been another ordinary preseason game for most, but Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Hakeem Nicks admitted after the fact that it was much more for him. After all, it was the very first time he faced his former team and he clearly wanted to make a statement. Unfortunately, the largest statement did not come by way of his solid performance, but rather the taunting of his former teammates, including cornerback Trumaine McBride, whom Nicks waved to during a play, ultimately drawing a flag and negating a large gain.

“I didn’t like it at all,” McBride told the New York Daily News.

Nicks finished the game with five receptions for 53 yards, but it could have been much more had it not been for the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Still, Nicks feels, he got his point across, is tired of taking about his time with the Giants and his statement has been made.

"I don't really want to talk about the Giants. That's in the past," Nicks said. "I'm a Colt now. I'm tired of the Giants questions."

In addition to McBride and safety Antrel Rolle, who laid a few big hits on Nicks, cornerback Charles James III admitted after the game that Nicks was playing with much more intensity than anyone else on the field. It was clear from the onset that this game meant a lot to him, which would seem to suggest some sort of grudge against the Giants.

"I thought it was funny," James said. "I could tell from the way he was playing. It wasn't just another game for him."

The pregame embraces aside, there's obviously some bitter feelings. And although he got some of it out of his system on Saturday night, expect that same level of intensity from Nicks when the Giants and Colts meet again in Week 9 of the regular season.

Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Football, Hakeem Nicks, Indianapolis, Indianapolis Colts, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Trumaine McBride

Short URL:

15 Responses to “Hakeem Nicks Taunts New York Giants in What He Deemed a Meaningful Preseason Game for Him”

1.  PittsburghJim says:

Amazing in this day & age when a guy steals money basically, is unavailable for many games, basically is a TURD….how he wants to taunt the team that drafted him & really WANTED to keep him…..

This sports thing may be passing me by.

I cant take the f’in hypocrisy & lack of class any longer.

•  James Stoll says:

Nicks are us alive last night looking like the 2011 version we all loved
      What happened to him with us, why he wanted out, why we didn’t seriously try to re-sign him I don’t know
      The taunt wasn’t that bad in my book
      But for a flag happy preseason I’m sure we would not have even noticed

2.  Dirt says:

rlhjr,

I don’t own an Osi jersey but I will say this: I’ve disproven the myth of his run defense here time and time again. His defenses saw statistically significantly higher run averages to the left side of the defense, away from his responsibility.

As for DaMonster, I am already on record saying he’ll have a better year than Kiwi (who was absolutely stoned on all but one play last night). No need for convincing this guy.

•  James Stoll says:

If the offense doesn’t start performing at least as well as the 32nd best team in the NFL we’ll spend the year talking about how good the defense played by surrendering only 23 points per game

•  rlhjr says:

I hear you DIRT. I was just needling. Osi was indeed a world class pass rush artist.

I’ve seen your stats in the past. Straight talk, Osi never saw a running play he wanted to blow up. But his saving grace is his presents around QB’s caused many turnovers, and plenty of rushed poor quality throws. And that without even getting a sack. He played to his strength and the other three defensive line mates played the run. In the case of Strahan and later JPP, those DE’s played both.

I agree Moore is going to be pretty good in time. Both he and the young USC linebacker will have some sacks this year. And both of them (minus experience) seem head and shoulders above Kiwi athletically and in physicality. In Moore and Kennard Fewell has two prototype “Joker” linebackers. Conversely they both could learn much from Kiwi. “Those who can do, those who cant teach”.

3.  GIANTT says:

As far as Nicks goes – he may have a monster year but that will just go to show his immaturity , acting like a HS kid . As you all say , we have no idea what his problem was as a Giant but by this performance where he was REALLY focussed on showing up his former team tells me that he could have had this type of performance this last year with the Giants and he didnt . He still doesnt get that the problem is with him not anyone else .
    On to another topic (like him , Im done talking about his Giants days ) Every team has its nemesis . (Think 18-0 Patriots and the Giants ) perhaps the Colts are that team for the Giants this year ?

•  James Stoll says:

I’m much less angry at Nicks than I am at JR and TC for putting together what looks to be another uncompetitive roster

4.  skinnydoogan says:

rlhjr says:
    August 17, 2014 at 11:25 AM
    If you haven’t please read Mr. Michael Cervellino’s post above. He NAILED it.

Right down to Pugh and Swartz. Someone on this offensive coaching staff needs to open their Fvkn eyes. Both Swartz and Pugh are good NFL offensive linemen.
    They are just being played out of position. And it shows.

If the Giants ever got that kid from Frisco, he would go immediately to ROT, Pugh to LG Swartz to RG. But it is what it is.

skinnydoogan says:
    August 17, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    I second this, Michael Cervellino does not post much, but when he does, he makes it count. Excellent breakdown MC, can’t say I can argue with any of it. Perhaps this answers my question about Schwartz and his lack of dominance.

5.  James Stoll says:

So the coaching staff stinks
    Been saying it for 11 years
    2 incredible (and arguably lucky) Super Bowl runs have blinded most and doomed us to Coughlin until time immemorial

6.  Dirt says:

While the facts are that the offense has shown just about nothing, there are other facts. Such as that they have the same amount of meaningful yards and points as the rest of the league, 0, and that they have 3 weeks to figure things out. They also have a number of players who have shown some semblance of pro ability in the past, including Manning, Jennings, Hynoski, Conner, Cruz, Randle, Beatty, Schwartz, Pugh, as well as some apparently talented youngsters in Beckham and Williams.

Will they figure it out? Doesn’t look so good as of now. But it ain’t over by any stretch.

•  James Stoll says:

Dirt. I agree. I posted yesterday that there are something like 12 first and second year players on the roster who look really good
      And yet the team as a whole look so awful
      Is it JR? TC? Eli? All 3?
      Something else?
      Going to count soon

•  Dirt says:

I think it just takes time. There’s a sea of change at all but 4 places: Eli, Cruz, Randle and Pugh. Everyone else, from OC to TE and everyone in between, was not in there the last time the games counted.

•  rlhjr says:

Game four of this regular season is my bet.