Hillis though, is starting to feel better from the injuries and told reporters during practice on Friday that he's expecting to return to the team and practice for them on Monday.
“It’s getting better,” he told The Daily News. “Hopefully, I can recover and be out there by Monday.”
With Hillis out, Rashad Jennings and Andre Williams have shared the first-team carries on offense and thus far, they've been the best part of the running game. Michael Cox also saw an increase in playing time because of Hillis, but Cox still hasn't shown any signs of improvement since his rookie season, thus getting Hillis back into the lineup will be a boost to a running game that looks vastly improved from a year ago.
There was also some chatter amongst fans about re-signing Andre Brown after he was released by the Houston Texans during the week, but with Hillis likely coming back on Monday, there may be no need to bring Brown back to the Giants.
Hillis was brought onto the team before the Giants first win of the season last October against the Minnesota Vikings and rushed for 247 yards and two touchdowns on 73 carries in seven games. Following the season, the Giants were that impressed with Hillis' game that they rewarded him with a two-year, $1.8 million deal in March.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Andre Brown, Andre Williams, Football, Michael Cox, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Peyton Hillis, Rashad Jennings
- Peyton Hillis Ankle Injury Highlights Larger Questions for New York Giants
- New York Giants’ Peyton Hillis Out “A While” with Ankle Injury
- Odell Beckham Jr. Cleared to Return to Giants Practice on Monday; Will Take Part in Individuals