Mosley has been the team's starter in place of the departed Snee ever since the summer started and in the team's first two preseason games against the Buffalo Bills and Pittsburgh Steelers; he's likely to get his third start in preseason against the Indianapolis Colts on Saturday.
The team does have former Miami Dolphins guard John Jerry for depth purposes, as he can play all over the line and start if needed, and they also drafted Weston Richburg who is normally a center by trade, but has plenty of experience playing guard and has practiced and played at guard for the Giants during camp and in preseason games.
Yet Mosley is hoping that he doesn't get his tentative starting tag removed from Tom Coughlin and is hoping that he can continue to be a mauler on the line and be an every-down starter on the offensive line.
"I’ve still got a lot room for improvement," Mosley said Thursday. "Hopefully I can be that guy."
One particular play that might look kindly in his favor when it comes time to pick starters was the block that Mosley made, pulling on the line and sending a Steelers defender flying backwards on Rashad Jennings' 73-yard touchdown run this past Saturday. If Mosley can take his massive size and mix it in with the physical nature and great overall football sense that Snee possessed for 10 years, Mosley could turn out to be a great asset on the line for years.
Mosley mentioned that he still keeps in contact with Snee on a regular basis through text messages and the 25-year-old Auburn product said that he hopes one day to be as good of a lineman that Snee was for the Giants.
"It’d be tough to be as good — hopefully one day I’ll be as good as him," Mosley said. "But he taught a lot of us a lot of stuff while he was here — a lot of technique, watching film, what to look for, what not to. So it helped a lot."
There was also talk of the Giants being in the mix to trade for San Francisco 49ers guard Alex Boone, as he is currently in the midst of a holdout looking for a new contract and the Giants were rumored to be a team that could offer the 49ers a third round pick for Boone, but it may not need to come to that if Mosley can develop into the kind of lineman that he looked up to on the team in Snee, which if he did, would be a really good thing for the team going forward.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Alex Boone, Brandon Mosley, Chris Snee, Football, John Jerry, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Rashad Jennings, Weston Richburg
- Giants’ Jameel McClain, Brandon Mosley & Xavier Grimble Carted Off During First Camp Practice
- Chris Snee Will Meet with New York Giants on Monday; Expected to Announce Retirement
- New York Giants Signed John Jerry as Insurance for Both Chris Snee and Will Beatty: Report
- Future of New York Giants Guard Chris Snee Remains Uncertain as Training Camp Nears
- New York Giants’ Stevie Brown, Chris Snee Practice Without Limitations & More from Day 2 of OTAs