While the New York Giants will see two of their key players return on Saturday night in left tackle Will Beatty and cornerback Trumaine McBride, the Indianapolis Colts will have some of their top players return to the field for the preseason game on Saturday.
Starting cornerback Vontae Davis and safety LaRon Landy will play for the Colts when they take on the Giants this Saturday night at Lucas Oil Stadium, as Colts head coach Chuck Pagano told reporters from the Indianapolis Star.
“It looks like [Davis] and LaRon are going to get some playing time on Saturday, which is a great thing,” Pagano said, via the Indianapolis Star. “How many reps that is, I don’t know.”
Both Landry and Davis have been hampered by groin injuries that have kept them out during the spring and part of training camp too; neither one played against the New York Jets this past week in the Colts first preseason game at MetLife Stadium.
With Landry and Davis back in the lineup on defense, the Giants will see Indianapolis' entire starting defense and the team can use that as a measuring stick for their offense, which some think have yet to get going under new offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo.
Despite having to serve a four game suspension at the start of the 2014 season, the Giants will also see linebacker/defensive end Robert Mathis on the field as well when they play on Saturday.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Chuck Pagano, Football, Indianapolis Colts, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Vontae Davis
- Will Beatty, Trumaine McBride to Play for New York Giants on Saturday Vs. Indianapolis Colts
- Indianapolis Colts’ Ahmad Bradshaw Ready to Test Neck; Could Play Against New York Giants
- New York Giants Saturday Morning Storylines: John Jerry Expected Back for Start of Camp