August 14th, 2014 at 7:00 AM

The New York Giants are already prepared to take on a familiar face in wide receiver Hakeem Nicks this coming Saturday, but as gameday inches closer and closer, it's beginning to appear as if they'll meet another old friend as well.

Indianapolis Colts running back Ahmad Bradshaw, who underwent offseason surgery to repair a bulging disc in his neck, recently told The Herald-Bulletin that he's ready to test his neck in live game action and could return as early as this weekend to face his former team.

"I plan on going this game or the next," Bradshaw said. "Just to get the feel. I think I have played long enough to understand the game. It's just getting out there and getting the feel of the motions and the game-time speed. I also want to get out and test, if possible, my neck. But, like I said, I think I have tested it enough in practice. I've hit guys, I've stood in there and blocked and I just want it to heal as much as possible and not take the unnecessary stuff."

It's a situation that sounds eerily similar to that of running back David Wilson, who was forced into retirement earlier this month as a result of a lingering neck issue of his own. However, Bradshaw says,

"I am very confident, and I just want to heal as much as possible," Bradshaw said. "There are not a lot of guys that have been through neck surgeries and a year later they are playing football again, especially at my position. Right now, as we speak, I am as confident as anything going in. I don't think about my neck at all playing, and I am just shooting forward from here on."

Bradshaw spent the first six years of his career with the Giants, appearing in 84 games with 921 carries for 4,232 yards and 32 touchdowns.

Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Ahmad Bradshaw, David Wilson, Football, Hakeem Nicks, Indianapolis, Indianapolis Colts, New York, New York Giants, NFL

Short URL:

10 Responses to “Indianapolis Colts’ Ahmad Bradshaw Ready to Test Neck; Could Play Against New York Giants”

1.  BBWC says:

Bradshaw’s a tough dude…..If there’s any way he can get on the field, he will.

It’s going to be interesting to see how our secondary stacks up against Andrew Luck, his WR’s and TE’s.

Good to see some new posters. We all know there are plenty of you lurking out there. Join in. Worst that happens is someone abuses you on the web, which is something you can easily shrug off since the fool will never meet you and his opinion won’t hurt you.

Hey, there are enough idiotic opinions offered here already that no one should be afraid of offering another. I’m still convinced Gerris Wilkinson can play NFL football successfully.

I’m stuck at a fancy wedding this weekend during which it would be considered bad form to retreat towards a television, so I won’t see the game (I seem to be missing most of the preseason this year). But I think a few important things can come out of this Saturday. I’m not even that concerned with the offense getting in stride, largely because I still think it’s going to take at least another month and probably longer.

But, I am looking to see us run successfully since this front seven is not the equal of those of the Bills and Steelers.

I am looking to see Randle catch some balls.

I am looking for Schwartz to play better and Beatty to play decently.

And I am looking for Moore to get to the quarterback against the starters and the secondary to do a good job against an elite quarterback.

•  James Stoll says:

what I’m reading from practice is the following:

1. Beason is up to planting and cutting drills; looking strong and still pointed to the opener with an outside chance at the last preseason game (not sure why they’d do that except to give him game-like reps for conditioning purposes)

2. every report I read says Manningham looks slow and without explosiveness and would be a 1st cut but for his name and history

3. Moore is supposedly looking better and better each practice

4. Washington had a bad practice yesterday dropping to easy catches (say it ain’t so)

5. offense as a whole still looks terribly out of sink, especially the QBs, who apparently littered yesterday’s practice field with INTs (Painter was supoosedly so bad he was headed straight back to his No. 3 slot until Nassib out-lousied him. Yikes!!)

6. Beatty is supposedly looking good. I guess we’ll get a taste Saturday night.

7. Beckum was in on 11′s, caught a TD pass, and TC equivocated over whether he’ll play Saturday.

8. At least one report I’ve read suggests the kicking competition is all but over and Josh Brown will remain the kicker. I was surprised to read that as I thought McManus looked solid in the 2 preseason games and has that cannon for a leg.

•  G Fan since Ninteen Forty Eight says:

Plug in one ear bud from your I phone. At my age most people think it is a hearing aid. I have to keep that ear out of my wifes view but it works.

4.  skinnydoogan says:

Say what you want about AB, he is one tough SOB, always loved the guy playing for us.

•  G Fan since Ninteen Forty Eight says:

Unless he has spent all his Gild there is no reason for him to take another chance at severe injury