August 13th, 2014 at 5:00 PM
By Doug Rush

Both Will Beatty and Trumaine McBride have yet to play in the preseason for the New York Giants as both players were recovering from offseason surgeries.

Both Beatty and McBride, after missing the first two games, will make their preseason debut this Saturday for the Giants at Lucas Oil Stadium against the Indianapolis Colts, which head coach Tom Coughlin announced after Wednesday's practice.

"Both (Will) Beatty and (Trumaine) McBride should see action on Saturday for the first time this summer."

Although Coughlin did mention that Beatty should be with the first team offensive line, he likely won't play as long as some of the other starters might because it's his first time back, so Charles Brown should be expected to play a little longer out there at left tackle; Brown started the first two games at left tackle for the Giants in the preseason.

Beatty is coming back from the broken leg he suffered in Week 17 against the Washington Redskins that required surgery and an extensive recovery time; thus why Brown was signed in case Beatty wasn't prepared for the regular season or if he had any setbacks with the leg.

Even before the broken leg, Beatty had an extremely disappointing season in the first year of a five-year, $37.5 million deal and some feel that he needs a reboun season in 2014 in order to prevent himself from being cut.

McBride, who came out of nowhere to be a starter for the Giants at the end of the season at cornerback, had offseason surgery to repair a torn labrum in his hip. McBride played through part of the second half of the season with the injury but because of the injuries suffered to their secondary depth, continued to motor through it.

McBride played in 15 games last season; starting in 10 of them, and made 37 total tackles with two interceptions and 15 pass deflections, a season that earned him a two-year, $2.875 million contract this past March.

Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Football, Indianapolis Colts, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Will Beatty

Short URL:

18 Responses to “Will Beatty, Trumaine McBride to Play for New York Giants on Saturday Vs. Indianapolis Colts”

1.  Kettles78 says:

Well that is good to hear.

2.  JT Jumbo says:

I know its only week 2 or preseason but the 1st team offense really has to show something in this game. Last week was a joke, Eli threw 2 passes. I don’t believe they are hiding their offense for regular season, but last week was an attempt to keep Eli healthy. I want to see Cruz actually involved and this “JPP of TEs” start the game and see what he has. I honestly think Davis is the only TE who played decent. If they actually show a competent offense, don’t have to necessarily score TDs but move the ball then I can calm down. But for now I’m not happy with the way this season is looking

•  Dirt says:

The tough thing about early in the preseason is the limited snaps for the 1s. Not that I’m advocating this, but so many times the team looked like utter dogsh|t for a number of quarters in a game and then all of the sudden started to click and tore people up (no huddle taking the game out of Killdrive’s playsheet notwithstanding).

So who’s to say if that’s a real game that after a few stalled drives the offense doesn’t start to turn it on in the 2nd quarter or after halftime?

That’s why I try to only look at the preseason to judge people on their individual matchups and decisions. Did he beat the guy directly in front of him on whatever vanilla route or rush was called? Check that column. No? Check the other column. Then add ‘em up and make a verdict.

I always have mixed emotions when I see a coach trying to fire a team up like what it appears McAdoo is attempting. I mean they’re professionals … fighting for jobs … jobs that might make them rich and famous. And they’re not on board? They’re not committed to the new offense? It’s got me shaking my head.

4.  Dirt says:

I think Will Beatty’s backup for this season isn’t currently on the roster.

5.  John says:

Hey all. Been frequenting this site for a couple years but never posted anything. Couple thoughts I figured I’d share:
    Big step forward players:
    Damontre Moore
    Reuben Randle
    I firmly believe both of these guys will be major contributors this year
    Rookies I’m keeping an eye on and expect to have some impact:
    Andre Williams
    Devon Kennard

Im very comfortable with our defense this year. All around, its probably the best defense I’ve seen the Giants have in quite a while. I just hope Fewell lets the CBs play tight to the WRs and maybe, just MAYBE, decide to cover the middle of the field this year lol

Im somewhat worried about the OL as we all are, and TE as well. Im looking to see more from Schwartz as we move forward. Havent been particularly impressed. Hope Beatty improves this year. He was a liability last year. Still think Martellus Bennet was the biggest mistake we;ve made in free agency in a long time.

Looking forward to the season

•  Dirt says:

Welcome! Just don’t disparage Osi or try to tell me Killdrive was a top 5 offensive coordinator and you’re good by me!

I think you’re right on Moore and Randle. I think Moore finishes with more sacks than Kiwi. Or at least he should, but he’ll need some PT, which I think he’ll get.

•  wduda83 says:

Also a newbie (haven’t posted much). Randle still scares me. He obviously wad way over his head with Killdrive last year, but haven’t seen anything from him to make me think he has any better grasp of the playbook this year. I hope I’m wrong, but Washington is looking like a better option on the other side of Cruz right now to me. ODB could still impress.

•  Dirt says:

Welcome!

Here’s the thing with Randle that gives me hope. While we know there was absolutely no way Killdrive was going to change his offense to suit Randle’s game, there is at least a chance McAdoo may at least try to do so to some extent. In other words, we’re going from a 0% chance to something greater than 0%, and that’s cause for hope, for me at least.

•  Kettles78 says:

Make sure you are not too positive about the team or some on this site will let you have it :)

Just kidding fresh insight I like it.

Bennett got more then we could afford at the time I believe so the Unicorn went on his way. I am hoping he can get into a few more fights in Chicago and perhaps come back after he is released

6.  Nosh.0 says:

Interesting read about LeCharles Bentley becoming an offensive line guru.

Maybe this is the medicine Will Beatty needs.