Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Giants: Giants Gameday

August 9th, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Preseason Week 1
Aug. 9th, 2014
Pittsburgh SteelersNew York Giants
Game Details
Time: 7:00 PM EDT
Stadium: MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, NY)
Broadcast: NBC
Jon Beason
Kelcy Quarles
Geoff Schwartz
O-Out D-Doubtful Q-Questionable P-Probable

Player/Coach Quotes:

Mike Mitchell:

“I'm looking forward to hitting somebody in live action,” Mitchell said. “I know Coach [LeBeau] is going to keep an eye on me. I don't know how many plays I'm going to get out there, but it's great to test ourselves against another team. We're getting tired of going against the offense.”

Mike Tomlin:

“I acknowledge that this group needs to start fast and play with a sense of urgency that’s required to win,” said Tomlin. “Those will be our intentions whenever we play, regardless of the circumstances.”

Tom Coughlin:

“I still want to see, if we can, everyone who is dressed,” Coughlin said. “If they are able to play, I would like to see them all.”

Inactives:

New York Giants – Odell Beckham Jr., Trindon Holliday, Peyton Hillis, Trumaine McBride, Jon Beason, Will Beatty, Daniel Fells, Xavier Grimble, Mike Patterson and Kelcy Quarles.

Pittsburgh Steelers -

Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL

Short URL:

82 Responses to “Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Giants: Giants Gameday”

1 2 3 ... 6
  1.  Dirt says:

Well, Schwartz is active so we’ll go ahead and call his knee issue minor

@DanGrazianoESPN: Giants not playing tonight: Beckham Holliday Hillis McBride Beason Beatty Fells Grimble Patterson Quarles.

It’s interesting facing the Steelers because in so many ways they are like us. They face a crossroads season as well. After a horrible start last year they also finished strongly. They are relying on even more young players than us to come of age including their whole OL. If we as good as I think this is a team we should be better than but if we are not it could be because I’m underrating them. Our OL should be able to get a push and protect Eli against this front. Randle and Cruz should also be able to get open. If Cruz continues the struggle this game I’m going to have some worries. I know Thurman is good but the camp reports sound like Cruz has been dominated during camp and the Bills game Cruz didn’t do any better. Randle should help Cruz be more effective.

•  Dirt says:

What game did Cruz struggle in?

•  Dirt says:

I posted this before reading the entire post. But the point still kinda holds true. Cruz barely played last week. They are intentionally limiting his snaps.

•  turkish says:

Cruz should have no problem torching the CBs in the division, as usual. I wouldn’t worry about that. Thurmond is the best slot CB in the biz. So the competition should only help the salsa machine.

3.  turkish says:

If you are looking to purchase the NFL pre-season viewing package, use the PROMO Code: DIRECTV to get 25% off. Brings the price down to $14.99.

4.  GmenMania says:

Run defense getting gashed right now.

5.  turkish says:

Thurmond is excellent fellas.

6.  GmenMania says:

Great blocking and great run. TOUCHDOWN GIANTS!

7.  turkish says:

JENNINGS! Boom!

Jennings has more long speed than I thought!

Cruz played a quarter last week. And he hasn’t done much in practice. It could just be because of Thurman and too short of time last week. But I do have a slight concern.

10.  jahmyrr says:

The Def holding and illegal contact that weve seen trending in the pre-season has not made the game more fun to watch. Very very LAME. Might as well just get rid of coverage all together and just let WRs run free if this is what the NFL wants.

1 2 3 ... 6