August 8th, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Week 1 of the preseason officially kicked off on Thursday night with a matchup between the New York Jets and Indianapolis Colts. And although you'd expect Jets fans to be excited about live football and tailgating, they instead chose to spend their time trolling the New York Giants, who were outside practicing across the parking lot at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.

It started innocently enough with one random car full of Gang Green fans driving by, windows down, screaming "you guys suck!" but quickly evolved into a larger wave of Jets fans blatantly trolling Big Blue.

In hindsight, that is undoubtedly one of the reasons Giants practice was closed to the public on Thursday night. In addition to what would have been a parking nightmare, mixing Giants and Jets fan together in a non-game atmosphere where Jets fan chose to troll Big Blue instead of enjoying their own game would have had the potential for problems.

Still, even with Giants fans nowhere to be seen and no way to instigate or retaliate, Jets fans were so obnoxious that not only was it noticed by media members covering the practice, but even added to several of their post-practice reports.

The Giants and Jets will, of course, play in the annual "Snoopy Bowl" during Week 3 of the preseason. And, per the usual, you can expect Gang Green fans, head coach Rex Ryan and all of his players to take the game entirely too seriously and act as if it's their Super Bowl. It's always a very unpleasant time for Giants fans and their players, who tend to suffer at least one or two major injuries in that game every year.

Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Football, New York, New York Giants, New York Jets, NFL, Rex Ryan

Short URL:

17 Responses to “New York Jets Fans Spend Thursday Night Trolling New York Giants Instead of Watching Gang Green”

I’ll say it once again, as I do annually. I absolutely HATE the Snoopy Bowl, and the only reason I can imagine that John Mara allows it to continue has to be that it was the price of getting Woody Johnson to share the cost of the new stadium. I just hope Coughlin leaves the starters in for just one series. I hate the Jets, their fans, and their attitude toward that game. And I hold my breath every year hoping that we suffer no injuries that result from the Jets’ considering the game a critical matchup with Big Brother.

• Dan BentonDan Benton says:

It’s the worst game of the entire year because you know the Jets go 110% in that game. The inferiority complex is too much. Even their rookies admit the very first thing they learned when they walked into the door was to “hate the New York Giants.” It’s an effin joke.

… the very first thing they learned when they walked into the door was to “be jealous of the New York Giants.”

•  skinnydoogan says:

Any one else notice that the guy on the right in the picture looks like DeSean Jackson wearing a Jets hat?

•  James Stoll says:

unfortunately, Coughlin can not stand down completely in this game
      it is the veritable dress rehersal
      the offense really needs the reps; the o-line in particular
      depending on how comfortable Eli is with the offense, TC may well want him playing 3 Q’s
      so get ready

F55 – Preston Parker is another WR. But he returned most of our punts and did a nice job. He could be kept in the role many envisioned for Holiday. He looked good at WR too just not as good as Washington and Harris.

4.  JB says:

Jets fans, Cowboys fans, and Pats fans are obsessed with Eli Manning. They follow him around more than their own QB. It’s wildly flattering and a bit bizarre.

He doesn’t seem our style but I would give the RB from Florida, Chris Rainey a look. He got cut from Indy for being a knucklehead but he has some of the skills we are missing without Wilson. And he also could return punts.

•  BigBlueGiant says:

nah, he called out other teammates involved in the situation. that’s some rat type $hit.

I don’t think he intended to call out his teammates. Young people just don’t understand saying something on twitter is not like saying something in the living room or even at the bar with friends. Lots of these kids make stupid mistakes look at Will Hill on Twitter.

6.  rlhjr says:

While we were sleeping the JETS have developed and damn good defensive line and better than average offensive line. They want to run it, and they have some pretty good backs other than Chris Johnson.

Straight talk, the Jets will be a very good test for the Giants on both sides of the ball. They could among the top three defensive lines in the game folks.

I think the filter that will determine which of the recievers makes it to the final roster will be which of them is the best special team player.

Finally, I want to make clear that I support McBride making the team.
    I just like James style and think he’ll become a dynamic player.
    I like Hosley, but feel keeping him not the right thing to do. Not over James.
    But that is purely personal.

I think Hosley will go to the suspended list so he’s really not in the equation for now.

I think Bowman is proving he’s our 4th CB. So for 5th CB position I just think you take a slightly less player now who has upside like James over a vet like McBride.

•  BigBlueGiant says:

agreed. I actually like what the Jets have done with their front 7. TOUGH Dline and stout, hard hitting LB’s.

7.  T-Thom97 says:

along with the majority I hate this game as well….I basically hate the pre season especially how we have to play 5 games! the jets will be a decent team this year and will serve as a test. one player im excited about is demontre moore…. I think his development is key to this D line

•  James Stoll says:

Moore is key and he certainly looks bigger and stronger than last year so we shall see
      the other DE to watch after last week’s performance is Kerry Wynn, the kid from Richmond
      He had an Ojomo-like first game – Monster of the Scrubs
      be interesting to see if they insert him against the 2′s and how he does
      right now he looks like a PS candidate

•  Krow says:

Like BBG says, it comes down to the pass rush. It has the potential to make this an excellent defense … or completely undermine it.