Week 1 of the preseason officially kicked off on Thursday night with a matchup between the New York Jets and Indianapolis Colts. And although you'd expect Jets fans to be excited about live football and tailgating, they instead chose to spend their time trolling the New York Giants, who were outside practicing across the parking lot at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.
Jets fan just drove past Giants practice and yelled "You guys s---!"— Tom Rock (@TomRock_Newsday) August 7, 2014
It started innocently enough with one random car full of Gang Green fans driving by, windows down, screaming "you guys suck!" but quickly evolved into a larger wave of Jets fans blatantly trolling Big Blue.
In hindsight, that is undoubtedly one of the reasons Giants practice was closed to the public on Thursday night. In addition to what would have been a parking nightmare, mixing Giants and Jets fan together in a non-game atmosphere where Jets fan chose to troll Big Blue instead of enjoying their own game would have had the potential for problems.
Still, even with Giants fans nowhere to be seen and no way to instigate or retaliate, Jets fans were so obnoxious that not only was it noticed by media members covering the practice, but even added to several of their post-practice reports.
The Giants and Jets will, of course, play in the annual "Snoopy Bowl" during Week 3 of the preseason. And, per the usual, you can expect Gang Green fans, head coach Rex Ryan and all of his players to take the game entirely too seriously and act as if it's their Super Bowl. It's always a very unpleasant time for Giants fans and their players, who tend to suffer at least one or two major injuries in that game every year.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Football, New York, New York Giants, New York Jets, NFL, Rex Ryan
- Philadelphia Eagles Beat Writer Spends His Friday Trolling Giants Fans, Trashing Big Blue
- New York Giants Tuesday Morning Storylines: Big Post-June 1st Spend Unlikely for Big Blue
- New York Jets Show Inferiority Complex Again as Calvin Pryor States: We Hate the New York Giants
- New York Giants Thursday Morning Storylines: Big Blue Has $500 per Pound Fat Fine