August 8th, 2014 at 6:55 AM

Noah Ritter, a five-year-old from Pottstown, Pennsylvania, recently found Internet fame after his first live TV interview from the Wayne County Fair went viral. After using the word "apparently" nearly 10 times in his 90-second interview, he was appropriately dubbed the "Apparently Kid" and has seen such a tremendous following develop that he's already been assigned an agent.

His 15-minutes continued earlier this week when he appeared on Good Morning America, telling recently Hall of Fame inductee, Michael Strahan, that he was a fan of the New York Giants before his grandfather "brainwashed him" into becoming a Pittsburgh Steelers fan.

"I know you're part of the Giants," Ritter said. "I used to like the Giants, but my grandfather brainwashed me into liking the Steelers."

A taken aback Strahan responded jokingly, "What? Tell your grandfather he is absolutely wrong for that. I would not forgive him."

Ritter is, apparently, a pretty smart and engaging kid. In fact, he's a lot like the new King of Media, Michael Strahan. Perhaps he'll be the next one sitting alongside Mr. Strahan and the ever-talented Kelly Ripa.

Or he could do us all a favor and start calling Giants games in place of Joe Buck — who, apparently, will be returning to FOX for the 2014 season.

Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.

Tags: Football, Michael Strahan, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Noah Ritter, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Steelers

Short URL:

10 Responses to ““Apparently Kid” Tell Michael Strahan He Got Brainwashed into Being a Steelers Fan: Video”

1.  James Stoll says:

every kid with a father (or grandfather) who loves a team experiences the same brainwashing

but pretty good vocabulary for a little tyke

For those who don’t stay up late……

fanfor55years says:
    August 7, 2014 at 9:55 PM
    Talking about the tough decisions they’ll have to make at cornerback reminds me of just how good this defense could be.

The addition of DRC and Thurmond and Demps just about assures that the back of the defense will be very good. (I cannot help thinking that had Hill stayed on the straight-and-narrow this could be the best defensive backfield from top-to-bottom that the league has ever seen). I think the only player anyone can rationally worry about is Brown, and all reports are that he’s playing well so far. And I think we are going to see a BIG jump up from Prince and ‘Trel this season, with both improving on what were very good years last season and becoming members of the NFL elite in 2014.

The simple thing to say about the linebackers is that provided they stay healthy this is FAR and away the best group since the glory days of Giants linebackers. Beason was an outright steal. McClain is a VERY good player who is still a bit under the radar except for those in Baltimore who know how good he is (I know John Harbaugh loves him and thinks the Giants got a blue-chipper in him). And Jacquain Williams not only put on weight and has been apparently doing his run fits far better, but has also demonstrated that the game is no longer too complex for him. Word on the team is that now that he actually knows the defense, is bigger, and is healthier, he could have a Pro Bowl season. Paysinger is excellent depth at either outside position (and would start on many teams around the league) and Kennard is apparently turning heads and way beyond what most rookies can do early in their NFL careers when for most the game is too fast.

I know some question the defensive front. Not me. I think we have the strongest group of defensive tackles in years and one of the best in the league. I have way more confidence in Kiwi than most so believe the defensive ends will be excellent. I actually believe JPP when he says he’s ready to show what he can do, so I think he will be terrorizing offenses this season. Ayers is at least adequate. Moore is still a question because he’s young, but the talent is clearly there.

I think, again provided we stay reasonably healthy, this is a Top 3 defense in the league and quite possibly the best of them. While I suspect we will have some real issues on offense while players get used to the new system and youngsters make their inevitable mistakes, I think the combination of this defense and the special teams can win us plenty of games. And almost as important, I can see this defense inducing the crowd at MetLife to show some real enthusiasm. Nothing gets Giants fans more into the game than a stout defense that can make a lot of third down stops. I think we have that this season. It’s gonna be fun.

fanfor55years says:
    August 7, 2014 at 10:05 PM
    So I heard on the radio that Washington made just one catch today, but it was for a pretty long touchdown. Can a guy make the team based just on making the occasional big play? Maybe. Especially if he does well on special teams.

The final cuts at wide receiver are also going to be very tough ones. Jerry Reese did a superlative job with this roster. There’s actually more talent than can be used at a number of positions. Some of the guys who get cut could play for an awful lot of teams in the league.

If you want to discern where we still have work to do in the future, just consider which positions will NOT have cuts who can play elsewhere without much doubt: offensive line, tight end, quarterback (because we’ll be cutting the third string guy) and just maybe linebacker (depending upon how many are kept). We’re pretty loaded all the way down the depth chart elsewhere. This is a LOT more fun than we’ve had as fans over the past few years.

BleedingBlueSince04 says:
    August 7, 2014 at 10:51 PM
    Mcbride was ranked #2 cornerback last year according to pro football focus which is actually pretty accurate. He was number 2 at completion percentage and yards per catch .

Wow you’re actually being more of an O than me lol. I’m excited about the defense too but I do have concerns. I love our DBs but I am worried a little about Brown. We can get away with him being average but for this defense to truly excel he had to at least be good. LB wise I really like our top 5, the best we have had in a long time but I’m not ready to promote Williams as a probowler though I liked what I saw Sunday. DL I definitely have some concerns because the only players that performed at the level we need from them this year last year were Jenkins and Patterson. Kiwi has to play better. Moore and Hankins are making huge shifts from spot duty players to guys that will get significant if not starting level snaps. And JPP has to show a form we haven’t seen in a year and a half. I think all of this can happen but I am not totally sold it will.

But I don’t have any huge worries about this team. Watching the first team OL the issues were at at LT and TE not really the rest of the OL. Brown allowed the pass rusher inside which is what caused Eli’s fumble.

I’m just not a big believer in football stats, but Bleeding Blue’s comment should finally quiet down those who are so eager to cut McBride in order to keep James. I can see the argument that James might be kept ahead of Hosley (who I think is actually very lucky to have been suspended so he won’t count against the roster for the first month of the season), but I just cannot see the Giants choosing him over a guy who HAS DONE IT, and has done so in front of these coaches for this team. Honestly, if either McBride or James had to be thrust into a starting role who would you rather see out there?

McBride is a guy who has done it for 1 year. I think the stats over sell his performance but he was clearly good last year. He had never performed anything close to that ballpark before and is a guy we found on the street. He’s also coming off of surgery. I don’t see one year as enough to say we have to keep him. I admit he’s the favorite and I think we will keep him. I wouldn’t over James and Behre. But he has worth and I really would look into trading him roster help at another position.

4.  James Stoll says:

the secondary looks very strong right now
    absent a rash of injuries this could easily be the deepest group in years
    only safety seems a bit in question
    most question how good Stevie Brown really is (or was in 2012) and whether he is even what he was after the ACL
    But with Demps Taylor and Berhe there is lots ofr talent waiting to step in if he falters

I agree on the LB unit if Beason is healthy come Week 1
    He almost single handedly turned the defense from a sieve to a respectable unit last season (Hill’s return at the same time he joined helped alot as well)
    I think you are right about McClain but it would sure be nice seeing him on the field to find out
    Williams, I thought, was the most active and best of the LBs sunday night, despite the drop of the easy pick
    The D-Line is more of the enigma right now
    on Sunday they did not look great
    Buffalo got plenty of push
    the DEs did not contain well
    very little pass rush until late in the game

WR looks really intersting now with the apparent emergence of Harris and Washington
    Going by sunday only, the three receivers who performed the best were Harris, Jernigan and Washington, in that order. Victor had no opportunities; Randal had few; MM but one
    But Harris looks like a solid possession receiver with nice hands
    Washington made that big play and in the process demonstrated some pretty impressive athleticism
    one guy people have not talked much about is Preston Parker
    He fielded all punts and produced a couple of very respectable returns (10+ yds). he seemed to have a knack for attacking the return; very north/south in his running;looked decisve with the ball in his hands

I didn’t see the game so I don’t even know who Preston Parker is. What position does he play?

WR. And he returned most of our punts. He e could be kept in the roel many envisioned for Holiday. He looked good at WR too just not as good as Washington and Harris.

5.  Nosh.0 says:

55-
    Only thing I can add to your analysis of our DB’s is that Q. Demps is kind of a terrible safety.

But our starting safeties and CB’s look good.

Nosh, I’m pretty sure Demps will only be asked to be an in-the-box safety for us. He has always been pretty good at that. His issues were in coverage, and Rolle and Brown have that assignment. So I don’t think Demps’ weaknesses will hurt us and he can be a real asset on this particular defense.

If he’s asked to cover then I agree with you, to some extent. I don’t think he’s terrible, but he’s average, and on this defense that isn’t good enough. He’d be beaten out by Taylor at some point (and maybe even by Berhe).