The New York Giants will return to practice later this evening, but will do so without rookie wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr., who remains sidelined with a lingering hamstring injury.
Head coach Tom Coughlin confirmed on Tuesday that Beckham Jr. has not yet been medically cleared and there's no real indication when he'll get back out on the field.
Beckham Jr. initially suffered a hamstring "tweak" back in Organized Team Activities (OTAs) that resulted in him missing significant time. And although he later returned to take part in mandatory mini-camp, he re-injured himself after getting tangled up with cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie early in training camp and has not returned to practice since. He has however, "owned the JUGS machine" according to the New York Giants (no….seriously. That's not a joke).
In addition to Beckham Jr., the Giants will also be without defensive tackle Mike Patterson (shoulder), linebacker Jon Beason (PUP – foot) and wide receiver/return specialist Trindon Holliday (hamstring) during practice this evening.
"There's progress," Coughlin said. "There is progress with all of them. … We're making progress but we're not ready to turn them loose."
It remains unclear who else (if anyone) will join them on the stationary bike Tuesday evening, but they are among a group of 12 players who missed Sunday's Hall of Fame Game against the Buffalo Bills.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Odell Beckham Jr., Tom Coughlin, Trindon Holliday
- Giants’ Tom Coughlin Growing Impatient with Odell Beckham Jr. as He Continues to Miss Practice
- New York Giants’ Odell Beckham Jr. to Miss at Least Another Week with Hamstring Injury
- New York Giants Should not Rush Odell Beckham Jr. Back from Hamstring Injury