Thursday's practice was a bit rough on the New York Giants, as the team saw multiple players not only miss practice due to injury, but leave practice due to injury. One of the most significant injuries was sustained by rookie cornerback Bennett Jackson, who suffered a serious ankle injury after getting tangled up with wide receiver Corey Washington, who also injured his heel during the play.
The good news for Jackson following x-rays was that he didn't suffer any breaks. The bad news, as head coach Tom Coughlin alluded to late on Friday, is that the sixth-round pick did suffer a "significant ankle sprain."
"There’s no fracture, but it’s a significant ankle sprain," Coughlin said.
Although Coughlin gave no details on exactly how much time Bennett is expected to miss, it's all but guaranteed he'll miss Sunday's Hall of Fame Game against the Buffalo Bills and significantly more time after that.
For Washington, his heel injury was much less severe. The wide receiver returned to practice on Friday and even hauled in a long touchdown from Curtis Painter — a play that was considered one of the best of the day.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Bennett Jackson, Corey Washington, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Tom Coughlin
- 2014 NFL Draft: New York Giants Select Notre Dame CB Bennett Jackson
- Bennett Jackson Grew up a New York Giants Fan; “Hated” the New York Jets
- New York Giants Sign Odell Beckham Jr., Weston Richburg, Devon Kennard & Bennett Jackson
- New York Giants’ Eli Manning Undergoes Arthroscopic Surgery on Injured Left Ankle
- New York Giants’ Rueben Randle Making Significant Progress; May See Some Time at Slot Receiver