In a little more than 24 hours, retired New York Giants defensive end Michael Strahan will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The celebration of that career accomplishment has been ongoing for several weeks now, but it was a surprise tribute from "Good Morning America" — which included cameos from Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning — that nearly brought the gap-toothed wonder to tears.
In addition to cameos by Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady also sent Strahan some well-wishes, as Howie Long made the long trip out to offering his congratulations in person.
It was also announced today that Strahan will receive his Hall of Fame ring at halftime during the New York Giants/Indianapolis Colts game on Monday, November 3rd.
Strahan will close out the Hall of Fame ceremonies from Canton on Saturday night as the final speaker, following his introduction from close friend Jay Glazer.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Eli Manning, Football, Michael Strahan, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Tom Coughlin
- Jay Glazer Will Introduce Retired New York Giants DE Michael Strahan at Hall of Fame
- Retired Giants DE Michael Strahan Feeling “Overwhelmed” as Hall of Fame Induction Nears
- New York Giants Thursday Morning Storylines: Michael Strahan to Host “Good Morning America”