Wilson, who was already coming off season-ending neck surgery due to suffering a spinal stenosis injury back in October, suffered the burner in practice and it looks like Wilson may "need a miracle" to even get back onto the field for 2014, as Jordan Raanan and Conor Orr of the Newark-Star Ledger reported.
"According to multiple sources, the running back, who suffered a "burner" during Tuesday's practice, months after undergoing spinal fusion surgery, is a long shot to return to the field. One person with knowledge of the running back's medical condition told NJ.com that Wilson "needs a miracle."
Wilson is set to meet with his surgeon, Dr. Frank Cammisa, the same guy who performed the spinal fusion surgery on Wilson back in January, on Monday to further evaluate how his neck is, but as the reports have said, it's not looking great for Wilson's chances right now. In the mean time, he is sitting out the rest of the week's practice and will not play in Sunday's pre-season Hall of Fame Game against the Buffalo Bills.
With spinal stenosis being an NFL career killer in the past, taking the careers of Michael Irvin of the Dallas Cowboys and Chris Samuels of the Washington Redskins, the Giants have to fear that Wilson might fall into the same boat as those players, especially now that he's suffered another neck injury just seven months after having his neck surgically repaired.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Andre Williams, David Wilson, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Peyton Hillis, Rashad Jennings
- New York Giants’ David Wilson to Miss Remainder of Week’s Practice; Will Meet Surgeon for Evaluation
- Tom Coughlin Expresses Optimism on David Wilson Playing for New York Giants in 2014
- New York Giants “Counting on” David Wilson to Return in 2014
- New York Giants’ David Wilson Given the “All Clear” Following Monday CT Scan