The New York Giants gathered on the field under a beating sun with temperatures exceeding 90-degree for the second consecutive day. Their fingers cross for no more heat-related issues, and with most players from the previous day having returned, they hit the field a little early and got right to work.
The good news was that offensive lineman Brandon Mosley (stomach) and linebacker Jameel McClain (foot) returned to start practice, although McClain appeared to be limited. The bad news was that General Manager Jerry Reese confirmed wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. had "tweaked" his hamstring the day prior and he did not appear to take part in many, if any drills.
- Daniel Fells was the first-team tight end in 11-on-11's for the second consecutive day. Team beginning to show confidence in him.
- First-team offensive line was Will Beatty, Geoff Schwartz, J.D. Walton, Brandon Mosley, Justin Pugh for second consecutive day.
- John Jerry was on the field again today and received some first-team reps at right guard.
- David Wilson once again looks like lightning in a bottle. He's is in and out of his cuts before you even realize which direction he's heading.
- Andre Williams appears to have a specific role ready for him with the Giants, as he was primarily used inside the 10/during goalline situations again on Wednesday.
- Ben McAdoo really gets plays in rapidly. Night and day to Kevin Gilbride. Team averaged around 25 seconds between snaps (snap-to-snap).
- Brandon McManus looked good on both his kickoffs and field goal attempts (we didn't see a miss). He has a very strong leg; most FGs from 40+.
- Eli Manning did not look particularly sharp on Wednesday, throwing a few ducks and having a few other sail overtop of his receivers — including wide open receivers.
- The Giants went light on the fullback for the second straight day, rotating some of the tight ends at the position in normal offensive sets. This is worth watching.
- The offense worked quite a bit on short playaction passes, including several to Rueben Randle and Jerrel Jernigan.
- As he did in OTAs and mini-camp, Adrien Robinson made several impressive catches, drawing cheers from the crowd.
- Devon Kennard took over at MIKE when McClain was off to the side (McClain was shadowing MLBs all afternoon).
- Quintin Demps, Trindon Holliday and yes, even David Wilson fielded some kickoffs on Wednesday. You'd never know Wilson even had anything wrong with him.
- Mike Patterson took all first-team reps at defensive tackle again on Wednesday and looked like he belonged. Wonder if we've all under-valued him heading into the season.
- Will Beatty won his one-on-one battle with Jason Pierre-Paul today. Mixed emotions about that, obviously. Both good and bad for different reasons.
- Mark Herzlich took reps on Special Teams and second-team at linebacker. Looked like a solid veteran in both instances. Going to be difficult to steal his job.
Following practice, head coach Tom Coughlin confirmed that Odell Beckham Jr. injured his hamstring on Tuesday and "doesn't know" how long the wide receiver will be out. We'll have more on that later.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Adrien Robinson, Andre Williams, Brandon McManus, Brandon Mosley, Daniel Fells, David Wilson, Devon Kennard, Eli Manning, Football, Jameel McClain, Jason Pierre-Paul, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Odell Beckham Jr.
No related posts.