Training camp is officially underway and the New York Giants have now concluded their conditioning test. Of the 89 players to participate (Chris Snee no longer on roster), only linebacker Jon Beason (foot) failed to participate and will be placed on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list. Meanwhile, both wide receiver Mario Manningham (knee) and tackle Will Beatty (leg) participated were cleared and will be "limited" to start training camp. Offensive line John Jerry (knee) was also fully cleared to practice, but may also be limited to start.
Being placed on PUP to start training camp does not mean Beason will miss any regular season time, but had to be placed on the list in order to be eligible, if need be, to start the season on PUP. The team can still remove him at any point prior to the start of the regular season, but if he remains on the list as of Week 1, he will have to miss, at minimum, the first six weeks of the regular season.
Meanwhile, after failing to participate at all during Organized Team Activities (OTAs) and mini-camp, seeing Manningham, Beatty and Jerry cleared on the same day as running back David Wilson (neck) is a huge plus and a boost for Big Blue.
The first practice of training camp gets underway tomorrow, while the first padded practice of camp is still a few days away.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Chris Snee, David Wilson, Football, John Jerry, Jon Beason, Mario Manningham, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Will Beatty
- New York Giants’ John Jerry Undergoes Knee Surgery; Mario Manningham, Will Beatty Out Until Fall
- New York Giants Hopeful WR Mario Manningham Will Return by Training Camp
- New York Giants’ Mario Manningham Had Knee Scoped in January; Vows to Be Back for Camp
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1dmr