New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning may have been left off NFL Network's list of the "Top 100 Players of 2013," but the two-time Super Bowl MVP was not omitted from the CBS Sports version, as Pat Kirwan listed him at No. 65 overall.
65. Eli Manning, QB, Giants: Granted he threw a lot of interceptions in 2013, but he always bounces back.
Although Kirwan failed to add anything of substance beyond "he always bounces back," it is a relatively accurate sentiment. However, "bouncing back" in 2014 will require a lot more than just the adjustments Manning needs to/will make, and will have much more to do with communication between he and his receivers, the offense's ability to establish a ground game and, most importantly of all, consistency along the offensive line.
All of that being said, Manning has repeatedly demonstrated an ability to "bounce back" within games and from season-to-season. And like any NFL quarterback, if he can find some consistency and continuity around him, there's absolutely no reason to believe No. 10 can't return to his successful gun-slinging form.
No other members of the New York Giants made the CBS Sports Top 100 Players list.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Eli Manning, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL
- Sports on Earth Ranks New York Giants’ Front Seven as One of Worst in NFL
- New York Giants’ Jason Pierre-Paul Among Several Players Who Disagree with NFL’s Top 100 List
- New York Giants Sunday Morning Storylines: Can Eli Manning Rejoin the Elite Ranks?
- Four New York Giants Crack RotoWorld’s Top 150 Fantasy Players for 2014 List
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1dg7