Happy Monday, New York Giants fans! We are now only one week away from the start of training camp and only eight days away from the first official practice. Allow us to help you pass some time with the following morning headlines to enjoy over your first coffee.
The overview: The Giants fell 11 spots overall after a 2013 season that seemed to confirm in analysts' minds that the team has not drafted well, its roster has suffered dramatically and it could no longer overcome these shortcomings through coaching. New York suffered double-digit drops in non-QB roster, drafting and front office.
Somehow, the methodology produced a higher score (74.35 compared to 72.08) for the Giants this year than last — yet Big Blue still managed to drop 14 spots. Apparently, the future isn't so bright anymore even though the Giants improved year over year in roster, quarterback and coaching.
The self-proclaimed greatest rapper alive was in the Giants' building, and he apparently stopped by their locker room to snap this picture while he was there.
Cruz posted this picture with the caption: "Mi Casa Su Casa. #Familia"
Eli Manning intends to improve his numbers from last season, a disappointing stretch in his career. He also recognizes the urgency of learning McAdoo’s system after spending 10 years under previous coordinator Kevin Gilbride. Despite two Super Bowl victories in that decade, Manning maintains that he is inspired to return to form in 2014.
“It’s reenergized me,” he said. “I’m trying to speed up the process of getting comfortable in the new system. I don’t have 10 years. I have a few months.”
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Monday Morning Storylines: Big Blue Counting on Offensive Line Depth
- New York Giants Monday Morning Storylines: Big Blue Cuts Eli Manning? Yep, Another Hoax
- New York Giants Monday Morning Storylines: How Will Big Blue Manage Running Back Roles?
- New York Giants Ranked 19th in ESPN’s Post-NFL Draft Power Rankings
- New York Giants Ranked No. 19 in Early NFL Power Rankings
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1dcp