There's no denying that Friday's big sports news was the decision of NBA superstar LeBron James to return home to Ohio and re-join the Cleveland Cavaliers, whom he left four years ago following "The Decision" when he opted to "bring his talents to South Beach" and sign with the Miami Heat.
James' decision to re-join the Cavs sent ripples across the sports world, drawing comments from athlete's on each corner of the globe. Several members of the New York Giants, led by Miami's own Antrel Rolle, also chimed in.
"As a professional you understand. Some things are bigger than yourself. He did it for Cleveland. He did it for the people. It's a great move for King James to finish his legacy. We appreciate everything you have done for Miami but you deserve to do it how you always wanted it. #takeithomebra #muchrespect," Rolle wrote via Instagram.
Other members of the Giants (current and former) were quick to follow in Rolle's footsteps:
Must say LeBron did this decision excellent. An old school letter. Love it.— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) July 11, 2014
All this Lebron talk and I'm still like #Lakeshow in 6.
— Spencer Paysinger (@SpittyP) July 11, 2014
Where do you stand on the LeBron decision, Giants fans? Or are you indifferent and just ready for some football?
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Miami Heat, LeBron James Being Destroyed in NBA Finals a Good Omen for New York Giants?
- New York Giants’ Victor Cruz: LeBron James Would Make a “Great” NFL Wide Receiver
- New York Giants’ Spencer Paysinger, Charles James Critical of NFL Penalizing Goalpost Celebrations
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1d9f