New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning said at the conclusion of mandatory mini-camp that he hoped to have at least one additional private workout with his wide receivers prior to the start of training camp, and he's done exactly that down in Louisiana during the 19th annual Manning Passing Academy.
"We just have to see," Manning said in mid-June about possibly organizing workouts. "Maybe a couple. A lot of people are traveling around doing things, so it makes it somewhat difficult because you can't do it [at the team facility] with the CBA and all of those rules. … If we can hopefully maybe get together somewhere, it would be good to get some work done."
Although it remains unclear how many of his teammates arrived for private workouts during the Academy, which will run from Thursday through Sunday, it has been confirmed that first-round pick, Odell Beckham Jr., is among those in attendance. Rueben Randle had also previously been slated to attend.
The private workouts for Manning and his receivers are nothing new, having become an annual tradition dating back to the NFL Lockout when Manning held full-team "practices" in both New Jersey and at Duke University. They not only serve as a good team building exercise, but help aid in communication and continuity between quarterback and receiver — something desperately needed for Manning & Co. in Ben McAdoo's new offensive system.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Giants’ Eli Manning Glad to Be Reunited with Odell Beckham; Calls Him an “Impressive” Athlete
- Odell Beckham Jr. “Happy” to Land with New York Giants; Recalls Past with Eli Manning
- New York Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr. Tweaks Hamstring; May Miss Some Time
- New York Giants’ Odell Beckham Jr. on 2014 Goals: We’re Looking to Make a Run at the Championship
- Odell Beckham Jr. May Return Kicks, Punts for New York Giants in 2014
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1d5f