Every year following the reveal of NFL Network's Top 100 Players list, there's a certain level of outrage — fans upset their favorite players didn't make it into a certain percentile, players angry they didn't make the cut and analysts complaining about some player who was wrongfully placed.
This year the focus has been on Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who many believe is the best player in the game, yet was ranked only No. 11 overall by his fellow players. It's something that has sparked great debate in recent days, but only one of the many placements being questioned.
Several players from around the league have shared their opinions on the final list — many of whom don't agree with it — and that now includes New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul, who took exception with the results thus far.
"Now what the f**k is wrong with this list? Don't get me wrong, all these guys are great players, but come on now! I see a lot of players who [are] not on this list that should be … but [I guess] that's none of my business," JPP wrote on Instagram.
It's unclear what placement or snub set JPP off, but it could have been his own omission. Then again, it could also have been a direct result of a teammate's omission, like quarterback Eli Manning, who failed to make the Top 100 after being ranked No. 43 in 2013 and No. 31 in 2012.
Either way, perhaps whatever omission it was that prompted his outcry will also help serve as motivation in 2014.
The final 10 players in NFL Network's Top 100 list will be revealed this coming weekend.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants’ Jason Pierre-Paul Says He’s not Yet 100%, but Ready to “Shut up” His Critics
- New York Giants’ Jason Pierre-Paul May not Need Offseason Shoulder Surgery After All
- New York Giants Looking for Jason Pierre-Paul to Return to the Player He was “A Couple of Years Ago”
- New York Giants’ Jason Pierre-Paul is Slimmed Down, Healthy and “Ready to Go”
- New York Giants’ Jason Pierre-Paul: I’ve Worked My Butt Off and I’m Ready for 2014 Season
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1cpw