On Thursday afternoon, New York Giants offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz made some media rounds and eventually found himself on ESPN's "Highly Questionable." If you've never watched that show before, you should. It's a little off-the-wall, but highly entertaining and Schwartz fit right in.
As Giants fans try to identify with their new guard, media appearances like this are certain to help — especially when you see the sort of fun-loving, quirky person Schwartz is. He's right in line with guys like Eli Manning and Steve Weatherford, who not only are highly engaging off of the field, but exceptionally talented on it.
Of course, the one aspect of the interview that stood out — and most certainly had the hosts in shock — was Schwartz's college drinking ability.
"I could put down a fifth in about 30 minutes and not really do much back in the day," Schwartz said. "I haven't been drunk in four or five years, but in college, yeah. I put that down and it wasn't a big deal."
That's impressive for anyone of any size. But it is fair to note for those who are unable to view the video, that Schwartz wasn't boasting about it — he was merely answering the question.
All in all, it looks like he's going to be a good fit for the New York Giants from both a talent and personality perspective.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants’ Geoff Schwartz to Play Left Guard; Says He’s Here to Win a Championship
- Chiefs’ Andy Reid on Geoff Schwartz: New York Giants Got a Great Player Who Will Help Them
- Potential New York Giants Free Agent Target: Geoff Schwartz, OL
- New York Giants and Guard Geoff Schwartz Agree to Terms; Signing Expected on Wednesday
- New York Giants “Think Highly” of LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr: Report
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1cq1