The New York Giants announced on Tuesday that in celebration of their 90th season, they will wear a commemorative 90th Anniversary patch on their jerseys in 2014.
New York Giants (@Giants) June 24, 2014
The 90th Anniversary patch, which represents every season since 1925, will be the first full-season patch the team has worn since 2004 when they donned an 80th Anniversary patch.
In addition to revealing the aforementioned 90th Anniversary patch, the team also announced that they would again be wearing their alternate white pants in 2014, which were debuted as an alternate in 2013. Prior to last season, the team had not worn their white pants since 1999 — the final year the team also wore the classic "GIANTS" on their helmet.
"Maybe we could make the 80's and 90's fans happy, as well as putting a modern take on the current home uniforms," equipment manager Joe Skiba said in 2013. "So what we decided was to go with the blue, gray, red, gray, blue pants, which we haven't had ever in our history. It's kind of a throwback look for the current uniform."
The white pants will be worn in Week 9 against the Indianapolis Colts on Monday Night Football, and then again in Week 11 against the San Francisco 49ers. The traditional blue home jerseys will be worn with the white pants.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants WR Hakeem Nicks to Visit Colts on Friday; 49ers Also Interested: Report
- Ex-Giant Ahmad Bradshaw Unlikely to Re-Sign with Indianapolis Colts
- WR Hakeem Nicks Signs One-Year, $3.5 Million Deal with Indianapolis Colts
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1cea