Happy Sunday, New York Giants fans! As we head into the final day of the weekend, we present you the following morning headlines to read over a nice fresh cup of coffee. Enjoy!
“It is home,” Ayers said. “I’m part of this team now and proud of it. I’m learning how to do things their way. I’m adjusting well. The guys on this team have accepted me well. I’m finding my way. It’s getting better every day.”
The former Ravens inside linebacker, who's now with the New York Giants, delivered a message Saturday at his annual youth football camp at Reisterstown Regional Park about how tough circumstances can change dramatically.
"My message this year is adversity and opportunity, obviously given my situation and life," said McClain, who was joined at his camp by Ravens inside linebacker Josh Bynes. "I figured those two words seemed to be the most appropriate for the situation."
Someone asked special teams coordinator Tom Quinn how kicker Josh Brown has looked so far, and Quinn responded by saying that Brown and fellow kicker Brandon McManus, a rookie out of Temple, have looked very good. Quinn said he sees a training camp competition for the job between Brown and McManus.
"I see everything as a competition," Quinn said. "I really like McManus. I liked him coming out. I thought he was a really good kicker coming out of Temple. He's kicked in the Northeast at a high level, and I think he's got a lot of upside."
Brown kicked just fine for the Giants last year, but there's never any harm in finding out if you can upgrade at a spot like that. Quinn said both guys have been practicing the extra points from the 15-yard line, which the NFL will use on an experimental basis this preseason (the Giants and Bills in their first three preseason games because they have the extra one, everyone else in their first two), and that they've "handled that very well." Sounds as though kicker could be something to watch once camp starts next month.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Sunday Morning Storylines: Super Bowl Sunday Has Arrived
- New York Giants Expect Will Beatty to Return Around Start of Training Camp
- Giants Sunday Morning Storylines: Eli Manning Has Balance Between Fatherhood and Football
- New York Giants Sunday Morning Storylines: Friends Concerned Will Hill Will Never Get Better
- New York Giants Sunday Morning Storylines: Aaron Donald Becoming Popular Choice for Big Blue
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1cah