Happy Monday, New York Giants fans! Prepare yourselves for a relatively slow and boring news day as Big Blue gears up for their three-day mandatory mini-camp, which runs from Tuesday through Thursday. All three days will have full media access, so things will get quite busy for a little while prior to another long and quiet break. In the mean time, enjoy the following headlines over your first coffee of the week.
Giants first-round draft pick Odell Beckham Jr. has undergone a change in representation, according to league records and a person familiar with the situation, who requested anonymity in order to speak freely on the matter.
It was not immediately clear if Beckham decided to select a new contract adviser.
Antrel Rolle has seen it often — though high school and college and right there inside the Giants locker room. It is more the norm and not the exception, and Rolle knows he is blessed not to be part of this statistical epidemic, this societal breakdown.
There are so many players, young athletes, growing up without a positive male presence in their lives, without a father. Rolle, the youngest of Armelia and Al’s three children, grew up in a family jokingly — and perhaps jealously — likened to the Huxtables of “The Cosby Show” fame. Antrel sees how wayward friends and teammates can veer off course with no father on the scene to provide all that the very best of them do on a daily basis.
“I think there’s no better person to teach you how to be a man than a man himself,’’ Rolle told The Post. “If you don’t have that, it can be rough for you. I can’t speak from personal experience, but I have a lot of friends, I’ve walked in other people’s shoes at times and just try to understand their point of view and the ways of their upbringing because they haven’t had a male figure.
“There are certain things they would do I would never do, and there are certain ways they think I would never think, just because I did have that positive male influence and role model in my life. It definitely plays a huge part in how they carry themselves, how they may act, how they may treat women, just their attitudes, how some maybe can’t control themselves and just their whole demeanor. When you have a male role model in your life, it’s easy to follow."
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Giants’ Eli Manning Glad to Be Reunited with Odell Beckham; Calls Him an “Impressive” Athlete
- New York Giants Monday Morning Storylines: Big Blue’s Newest Additions Forging Team Ties
- Odell Beckham Jr. “Happy” to Land with New York Giants; Recalls Past with Eli Manning
- Bill Polian Likes Giants’ Pick of Odell Beckham; Says He’s Major Upgrade Over Hakeem Nicks
- New York Giants Monday Morning Storylines: Jay Bromley Turned Dark Past into Successful Life
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1c32