The New York Giants were scheduled to visit with former South Carolina cornerback Victor Hampton earlier this week, but before he boarded a plane to East Rutherford, New Jersey, the talented defensive back chose, instead, to sign with the Cincinnati Bengals.
However, despite not making it to the Quest Diagnostics Training Center for his workout, WLTX 19 reports that Big Blue did, in fact, make Hampton a contract offer. But when push came to shove, Hampton felt the better fit for him was in Cincinnati.
"I believed in all the hard work that I put in over the last four to five years. I stayed positive and I grinded everyday," Hampton said of overcoming the issues that led to him going undrafted.
Hampton had been questioned by New York City police in relation to a nightclub "incident" back in April and was also recently involved in a physical altercation with his sister. Those are just two of the more recent string of events that led to many NFL teams questioning Hampton's character.
In addition to Hampton, current Giant defensive lineman Kelcy Quarles was also questioned by police in relation to that April nightclub incident.
"I've had to learn from the mistakes I've made," Hampton said.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Will Host Former South Carolina CB Victor Hampton for a Visit Next Week
- New York Giants to Work Out WR Denzell Jones; Victor Hampton Signs with Cincinnati Bengals
- New York Giants’ Marc Ross was on Hand to Watch Jadeveon Clowney at South Carolina’s Pro Day
- Former New York Giants WR Louis Murphy to Visit Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday
- Kerry Wynn Felt Signing with Giants Offered Him Best Chance at Landing on a 53-Man Roster
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1c29