Happy Thursday, New York Giants fans! Organized Team Activities (OTAs) resume today with media access and then will conclude on Friday, so be prepared for an influx of news throughout the day. In the mean time, enjoy your morning coffee over the following headlines.
It pays to be thin … at least if you're on the NY Giants — because if players are overweight, they're fined $500 PER POUND … so says one of the team's star defensive backs.
TMZ Sports spoke with Prince Amukamara on the way out of an event at Cipriani Wall St. last night — and he told us about the special diet rules the G-Men have to follow.
"Everyone has to meet a certain weight requirement … and if you are overweight you get fined like $500 a pound."
So, a couple of New York Giants football players walk into a bar and what happened next was pretty funny. In a TMZ obtained video, offensive tackle Justin Pugh, Jason Pierre Paul and a couple of their teammates hit up Bounce Sporting Club in Manhattan when a group of bros invited the guys over for a shot. Pugh took 'em up on their offer but as soon as he pounded the booze, one of the bros turns to the camera and reveals his true colors New York Jets hunter green and white.
Per a source with knowledge of the plans, the NFL’s in-house media conglomerate plans to use drones during production of this year’s Inside Training Camp series on NFL Network. While not a done deal yet, the plans are in place to use remote-controlled hovercraft to obtain TV images of practice.
The technology has intriguing possibilities. Presumably far cheaper and easier to manage than the Cablecam device, hovering aircraft could capture images that could be used for coaching, enhancing the in-stadium viewing experience, and/or watching the game from home.
But it’s hardly foolproof. A Cablecam ended up on the playing field nearly seven years ago. The Sunday night game between the Seahawks and Saints was delayed by roughly 10 minutes; however, the league insisted that the device didn’t actually crash to the ground.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Thursday Morning Storylines: Big Blue Title Banners Provide Seahawks Inspiration
- New York Giants Thursday Morning Storylines: Josh Freeman a Good Signing for Big Blue
- New York Giants Thursday Morning Storylines: Michael Strahan to Host “Good Morning America”
- New York Giants Thursday Morning Storylines: Steve Tisch Donates $10M to Studying Youth Concussions
- New York Giants Friday Morning Storylines: Zack Martin Might Make Sense for Big Blue
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bye