With only one remaining Organized Team Activity (OTA) practice to come on Friday, the last thing the New York Giants wanted to see was an injury. Unfortunately, they not only saw one, but it happened to be linebacker Jon Beason who suffered an undisclosed injury to his right leg before limping off the field and then being carted into the training room.
Because all drills still non-contact, any injury that lands a person on the cart has the potential to be serious. And while it remains unclear if it was an ankle or knee injury, the fact that Beason immediately removed his jersey and hopped on the cart is a potentially ominous sign. However, the good news is that Beason was riding in the front passengers seat as opposed to being laid out on the back — something that may indicate a lack of severity.
Of course, we are just grasping at straws right now because there are no additional details. It could be serious or it could be nothing. We will continue to monitor the situation and update it as more information becomes available.
Update: Head coach Tom Coughlin says Beason felt something in the bottom of his right foot, but provides no further updates. Says "we'll see."
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- Jameel McClain, Jon Beason Could Change New York Giants’ Fortunes at Linebacker
- Jon Beason Representing Himself in Free Agency; Can Only Talk to New York Giants Until Tuesday
- New York Giants, Linebacker Jon Beason Agree to Terms on New Deal: Report
- New York Giants Have Begun Discussions on Long-Term Deal with Jon Beason
- Could D’Qwell Jackson Become an Option for New York Giants If Jon Beason Goes Unsigned?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1byq